Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

clothkits

On 3 Nov 2005 at 4:36pm Kate wrote:
I would like info. on clothkits for a college project - company profile etc please

On 4 Nov 2005 at 3:19pm Mystic Mog wrote:
I am not sure that they exist anymore. I have a friend who used to work for them. I will find out.

On 4 Nov 2005 at 8:22pm Mark Rolfe wrote:
went bust years ago

On 19 Nov 2005 at 12:43am honor wrote:
I have several clothkits catalogues from 1978 to 1984 or so. I would photocopy any thing from them for you if you would like to see them. Just let me know

On 19 Nov 2005 at 12:52am honor wrote:
I have several clothkits catalogues from 1978 to 1988 or so. I would photocopy any thing from them for you if you would like to see them. Just let me know. They ended up having four shops:- Lewes, Oxford, Bath and Guildford. They made ready made knitwear to match their clothkits, and at one time made knitting patterns and clothkits dolls' clothes too. I used them up until 1988, when my children grew out of wearing them - not cool enough for 1990, which is I think the reason they went out of business.
On 19 Nov 2005 at 11:50pm VALERIE wrote:
i bought loads of clothkit stuff and I still have some unmade kits in my house(which is getting small-i am a squirrel). I bought tablecloth games, ordinary tablecloths and napkins, and clothes 4 me/hubby/ and my 2 girls +one boy. Still got jumpers which i am still using and I made hobby horses and dolls,and i probably have most of the catalogues from ~1980-1995 ish.

On 4 Dec 2005 at 12:22am honor wrote:
The directors of Clothkits were Finn and Anne Kennedy, Helen Bomford and Tony Beaumont. When I was buying stuff from them their shop was at 24 High street Lewes, but I beleive that I may have boought the cut out canvas stuff as mail order from them before the shop was up and running as I heard of them from a newspaper article.

On 7 Dec 2005 at 10:03am Graham Churchyard wrote:
Hello.
i work as a freelance costume supervisor for film productions and would be very interested in a copy of your clothkits catalogues for costume reference and research purposes. Hope to hear from you soon.

On 7 Dec 2005 at 3:43pm bonco wrote:
perhaps clothkits could knock up a few red and white striped jumpers for the newly formed waterloo boys who know it all but know nuffin !!

On 9 Dec 2005 at 11:30am Graham Churchyard wrote:
Hello i would like to get copies of your catalogues for 'period' costume research. and obviously pay you for your trouble. hope to hear from you soon. grahamchurchyard@hotmail.com

On 2 May 2016 at 9:36am Nicola wrote:
Hi,
I am studying textile design and doing a dissertation on Clothkits. I would like to get in touch with anyone who bought Clothkits products and may still have them or remembers wearing the clothes. I live in Lewes, so am local. Thanks.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

What is it with some people?
With their kid's education at stake, this numpty thinks it's a good idea to ask complete strangers... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington