Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

clothkits

On 3 Nov 2005 at 4:36pm Kate wrote:
I would like info. on clothkits for a college project - company profile etc please
On 4 Nov 2005 at 3:19pm Mystic Mog wrote:
I am not sure that they exist anymore. I have a friend who used to work for them. I will find out.

On 4 Nov 2005 at 8:22pm Mark Rolfe wrote:
went bust years ago

On 19 Nov 2005 at 12:43am honor wrote:
I have several clothkits catalogues from 1978 to 1984 or so. I would photocopy any thing from them for you if you would like to see them. Just let me know

On 19 Nov 2005 at 12:52am honor wrote:
I have several clothkits catalogues from 1978 to 1988 or so. I would photocopy any thing from them for you if you would like to see them. Just let me know. They ended up having four shops:- Lewes, Oxford, Bath and Guildford. They made ready made knitwear to match their clothkits, and at one time made knitting patterns and clothkits dolls' clothes too. I used them up until 1988, when my children grew out of wearing them - not cool enough for 1990, which is I think the reason they went out of business.
On 19 Nov 2005 at 11:50pm VALERIE wrote:
i bought loads of clothkit stuff and I still have some unmade kits in my house(which is getting small-i am a squirrel). I bought tablecloth games, ordinary tablecloths and napkins, and clothes 4 me/hubby/ and my 2 girls +one boy. Still got jumpers which i am still using and I made hobby horses and dolls,and i probably have most of the catalogues from ~1980-1995 ish.

On 4 Dec 2005 at 12:22am honor wrote:
The directors of Clothkits were Finn and Anne Kennedy, Helen Bomford and Tony Beaumont. When I was buying stuff from them their shop was at 24 High street Lewes, but I beleive that I may have boought the cut out canvas stuff as mail order from them before the shop was up and running as I heard of them from a newspaper article.

On 7 Dec 2005 at 10:03am Graham Churchyard wrote:
Hello.
i work as a freelance costume supervisor for film productions and would be very interested in a copy of your clothkits catalogues for costume reference and research purposes. Hope to hear from you soon.

On 7 Dec 2005 at 3:43pm bonco wrote:
perhaps clothkits could knock up a few red and white striped jumpers for the newly formed waterloo boys who know it all but know nuffin !!

On 9 Dec 2005 at 11:30am Graham Churchyard wrote:
Hello i would like to get copies of your catalogues for 'period' costume research. and obviously pay you for your trouble. hope to hear from you soon. grahamchurchyard@hotmail.com

On 2 May 2016 at 9:36am Nicola wrote:
Hi,
I am studying textile design and doing a dissertation on Clothkits. I would like to get in touch with anyone who bought Clothkits products and may still have them or remembers wearing the clothes. I live in Lewes, so am local. Thanks.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 32:132
Down the Pan

Dreamer, unlike the other posters on this thread you seem to be entirely lacking a sense of humour. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine