Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

cliffe hight street

On 16 Jun 2008 at 5:07am fireball wrote:
the work going on in the cliffe high street will it over run.
only see one or two people working at one time the rest
drinking tea or talking .still what new !
its only your council tax money

On 16 Jun 2008 at 9:57am Scramble wrote:
I see Bill's have taken advantage of the situation to move tables into the street. Good luck to him, but I hope he'll be making a contribution to a local charity out of the windfall profits.

On 16 Jun 2008 at 1:39pm Petrol pump wrote:
Someone should do him for obstructuring the public highway....I'd soon get complaints if I put my patio table on the pavement outside my house!!!!!
Middle class lettuce eating ***!!***s

On 16 Jun 2008 at 1:55pm Scramble wrote:
I think you've got a point there, Petrol pump.

On 17 Jun 2008 at 3:31pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Should the middle classes be offended by your accusation that they eat Lettuce? Is eating lettuce a middle class affliction that most benefit claiming salad dodgers are repulsed by? Does it have the same effect as me having a pop at the Sub-class road kill eating ***!!***s that lurk around the towns kebabaries every night?
Or is it just that Petrol Pump is envious of these people healthy life style?

On 17 Jun 2008 at 3:58pm Scramble wrote:
Strange word lettuce when you think about it, isn't it?

On 17 Jun 2008 at 7:53pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
As Scramble has said, Bill's have wasted no time in using the situation to their advantage.
Please keep me posted about the size of their contribution to a local charity!!!

On 17 Jun 2008 at 11:41pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
I am involved in a local charity and Bill is very generously supporting it with a large donation of fruit for this summers festival (Starfish in the Park) and has done for several years. He works like a dog and deserves everything he's achieved in my opinion.
If it was me I would be using any extra space the roadworks afford to balance out the noise and disturbance it must be causing his customers.

On 18 Jun 2008 at 8:26am Petrol Pump wrote:
I've got a better idea....Why doesn't he drop the price of his fruit and veg so us ordinary people could shop there, rather than the usual crowd of ex-Londoners on huge salaries....
PS I grow my own lettuce and veg

On 18 Jun 2008 at 9:15am Taff wrote:
Good for Bill I say. If nothing else it stops the bloody cyclists using the pavement.

On 18 Jun 2008 at 10:13am Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Petrol Pump, it is not your god given right to have the best products at an affordable price, not everyone can afford everything so stop whining like a child and either earn more money to afford the life style you obviously envy or put a sock in it. I could start ranting about wanting an Aston Martin DB8 Vantage Roadster but them being too expensive. You and other people expect things handed to you on a plate, I bet you vote labour because you think socialsim is a good idea as it will drag people down to your level, No one one is equal, we are all different.

On 18 Jun 2008 at 12:38pm George Doors wrote:
Well said Elvis you old hound dog. Seems that Petrol Pump is staying at heartbreak hotel and suffering from suspicous minds. Anyway that's alright mama, perhaps he is lonesome tonight.

On 18 Jun 2008 at 12:59pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
I just hope Pumpy enjoys his embittered existance In the Ghetto, it's Always on my Mind but I'm Leavin' and with any lucky anymore of his bitter posts will be Return to Sender.
This is not the Elvis you are looking for.

On 18 Jun 2008 at 1:40pm me wrote:
is he the devil in disguise?

On 18 Jun 2008 at 1:57pm Taff wrote:
Nope. Just a Teddy Bear

On 18 Jun 2008 at 4:53pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark

On 18 Jun 2008 at 7:15pm George Doors wrote:
Viva lost vagueness

On 18 Jun 2008 at 7:26pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Good point Taff.
Hoorah for Bill!

On 25 Jun 2008 at 2:24pm demon wrote:
nobody cares no more lets all be taken for a cxxt

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Infernal reflections 46:132
Infernal reflections

Just following some threads from 2009 and many names mentioned there jumped out at me as being my teachers. I was, however,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina