Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

bus to the County

On 13 Jun 2015 at 12:21pm Clippie wrote:
I've an appointment at the Sussex County hospital 9.20 am during the week. Has anyone any idea of how long this would take at that time ? I'm a bit disbelieving of timetables during the rush hour. Thanks.
On 13 Jun 2015 at 1:51pm Sjep76 wrote:
I would say you need to catch a bus at 8am ish to get there for that time.
On 13 Jun 2015 at 1:55pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Twice the time that they'll keep you waiting to be seen for your appointment!
On 13 Jun 2015 at 2:54pm Nancy Boyes wrote:
It depends a bit as to where you are travelling from and on what day you are going. Thanks to a dodgy ticker, I have to travel there from Lewes on a regular basis and have found that it can take as much as a two hour crawl once you hit the slip road at Falmer and as little as 40 minutes if you've a fair wind behind you and there isn't a race meeting going on. I've now taken to insisting on an afternoon appointment so that there's no question of missing my one in the morning.
On 13 Jun 2015 at 3:10pm fifi wrote:
Clippie - I am at the Royal Sussex every morning next week for appointments between 8.45 - 9.00 if you would like a lift . I'll be leaving Landport at about 8 and am happy to pick you up en route .
On 13 Jun 2015 at 4:10pm Makes Me Happy wrote:
Ah, that's so nice Fifi. What a lovely person you are.
On 13 Jun 2015 at 8:27pm Clippie wrote:
Thank you all for your responses and your kind offer Fifi. People can be so thoughtful & a neighbour has now said their son can drop me off by car as he works in Kemp Town.

On 14 Jun 2015 at 1:35am Taff wrote:
Off topic I know but the 11.35 Ringmer to Lewes don't show tonight! Where is the inducement to use public transport?

On 14 Jun 2015 at 6:43am Saddle Sniffer wrote:
Replaced by the cycle track.
On 14 Jun 2015 at 6:05pm Belladonna wrote:
Taff - ring the bus company. That same bus went straight past my son and his friends at the bus stop in Ringmer, leaving him and others with a long walk back to Lewes. When I rang to complain they sent a book of free tickets to compensate. Out of order to cancel the last bus home!

On 15 Jun 2015 at 8:36pm Taff wrote:
Have emailed them. Might get a response. Shall wait and see.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street 51:143
Keere Street

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell