Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

bus fare rise

On 28 Dec 2018 at 9:19pm inthegutter wrote:
I see Brighton & Hove buses have raised prices (for the annual Network Saver ticket) by well above inflation and wages for at least the 5th consecutive year. In fact prices are 35% higher than in 2014 when Diesel was more expensive!
On 29 Dec 2018 at 11:10am minxorcist wrote:
It's a disgrace!
On 29 Dec 2018 at 12:15pm attwood wrote:
Everything keeps going up exceptmy salary!
On 29 Dec 2018 at 6:23pm Clifford wrote:
Brighton & Hove buses are owned by Go-Ahead, who also own Govia, which runs the ever popular Southern Rail. We should be pleased to be contributing towards the 800,000 a year CEO David Brown 'earns'.
On 29 Dec 2018 at 10:35pm wanderer wrote:
Just a note on the diesel prices, they buy their fuel upto 3years in advance which usually secures a good price,
Alot of hauliers etc do the same or buy a million litres at a time on a fuel card which can with withdrawn from various forecourts usually texaco

On Thu 3 Jan at 10:49am Grumbleweed wrote:
That's privatisation for you. Owned by Gateshead based Go Ahead group, the same outfit running Southern Railways. They, like so many others are a rapacious outfit whose primary objective is profit. Anybody who thinks what is being run is a service is seriously mis-guided.

On Sun 6 Jan at 11:19am Grumbleweed wrote:
People travelling on these vehicles assume that they are roadworthy. Vehicles are not maintained as well as they used to be, as mentioned in my earlier comment, eats into profit. Does anybody ever question how buses are cleaned when somebody wets themselves on the seat, is sick or worse still craps? Thankfully it doesn't happen frequently, but it does from time to time. One other aspect is driver fatigue, as they work far longer hours with shorter breaks these days.
On Mon 7 Jan at 4:12pm wanderer wrote:
Being an ex driver of b&h the vehicles are checked upon entering service each morning by the driver on a report card without fail and any defect is rectified there and then or a replacement bus is found and if a bus parks up in the yard during the day and taken over by a new driver it is then checked again.
Any defect found during the day is reported and usually met by an engineer to check the fault or defect if this affects the bus even one wobbly seat will see the bus taken out of service.
The list of daily checks by the driver is quite extensive then it has its further routine checks by engineering department.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:142
Chapel Hill Lewes

I'm willing to bet you can't chew through a whole Aldi Chorizo sausage.
You are allowed to take the skin off by the way.
They... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare