Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

bunch of mugs

On 26 Jun 2016 at 1:28am Realist wrote:
Did the Brexiters understand this fact?
There is no country within Europe which has a trade agreement with the EU that has not had to agree to the free movement of people as part of that deal.
So if immigration played any part in your decision your a mug.
On 26 Jun 2016 at 1:30am Realist wrote:
* you're [edit button please?]
On 26 Jun 2016 at 7:46am Winner wrote:
Of course they understood it. 1.1 million and counting are going on record saying they are intelligent, thoughtful people proud of their decision.

Check it out here »
On 26 Jun 2016 at 3:05pm Munchkin wrote:
The country has spoken, democracy prevailed, let's just get on with it, what else can be done. I see that John Kerry has flown to Brussels to get involved in the crisis, what's it got to do with the yanks? Why do they have to meddle? Why does Brussels get John Kerry and they send us Donald Trump? Are we the mugs?
On 26 Jun 2016 at 5:55pm Ed Can Do wrote:
That's not actually a true statement I'm afraid Realist. What you meant to say is there is no country with a tariff free trade agreement with the EU that doesn't have free movement of labour etc etc. Plenty of other countries have trade agreements with the EU, they just have varying degrees of tariff. Quite low in the case of the US, higher in the case of China. Sure we might now lose out on completely tariff free trade with the EU but we will benefit from being able to do our own deals with the rest of the world.

On 26 Jun 2016 at 8:22pm Realist wrote:
"That's not actually a true statement I'm afraid Realist."

WRONG!

I'll repeat again -

There is no country within EUROPE (including Switzerland and Norway) which has a trade agreement with the EU that has not had to agree to the free movement of people as part of that deal.

On 26 Jun 2016 at 8:24pm Realist wrote:
No one would expect a free movement of people agreement with the USA. That's ridiculous.

On 26 Jun 2016 at 8:27pm Realist wrote:
In the case of Switzerland they actually had a referendum on the free movement of people question where the result was against it, but the Swiss government rejected the result in order to get the deal.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2019 25:132
Cliffe Tableau 2019

Good question 35. I thought the consensus was that many of the people we saw sitting collecting money downtown were junkies who... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell