Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

builder

On 26 Feb 2013 at 12:50pm brixtonbelle wrote:
I'm looking for a local builder who has experience of working on grade 11 listed/ conservation area buildings and who can provide plans and advice for planning permission applications.
Anyone out there ?

On 26 Feb 2013 at 1:20pm middleclassandabitsmug wrote:
try Chris at
Harbour Building Services LTD
chrissmart@aol.com
Don't know about his Grade 11 experience but a damn good builder.

On 26 Feb 2013 at 2:04pm Southover Queen wrote:
I'm a bit wary of posting anything with names because of the abuse which will flow from it, but I do have quite a bit of experience of this both elsewhere in the country and here in Lewes. I would name a highly recommended local builder but that would be an absolute red rag to the trolls too. Drop me a line via email (yolandekinloch@yahoo.co.uk) and I'll send you some details.

One thing I would say: I wouldn't trust a builder to make up your plans, or not on their own. I'd find yourself a building professional who has specific experience in dealing with listed buildings and preferably dealing with the planning and conservation officers at LDC. It's important to get the plans right, both because doing unauthorised work on a listed buildings is a criminal offence (!!) and also because it introduces long delays and is a pain. I've been underwhelmed by architects, who seem to be more interested in larger scale projects; I'd find a building surveyor with specific experience in this area, I think.

On 26 Feb 2013 at 6:56pm jrsussex wrote:
I have some-one who would fit the bill very well, based in Sussex but not Lewes. I need to have your contact details. I have used this man myself, he has the added bonus of having worked in and with county planning departments.

On 27 Feb 2013 at 12:37pm brixtonbelle wrote:
thanks SQ and jrsussex. is there any way you can pass the details to Webbo and Webbo is there any way I can contact you to get these details ? I'm not using email at the moment as I have been hacked and am trying to retrieve the account.

On 27 Feb 2013 at 1:01pm Southover Queen wrote:
Set up a new one - that's what I did! The address I give above is set up just for this occasion since I have no intention of divulging personal details on this forum.

On 27 Feb 2013 at 5:42pm Webbo wrote:
You, or anyone else for that matter, can always contact me via the contact form (top right)

Check it out here »

On 27 Feb 2013 at 6:01pm Southover Queen wrote:
Webbo, I'm happy for you to pass my details onto BB.

On 27 Feb 2013 at 11:23pm jrsussex wrote:
And mine to BB Webbo

On 27 Feb 2013 at 11:44pm Webbo wrote:
If you all send me your details via the contact page I'll fix you up with a date

On 28 Feb 2013 at 10:20am Southover Queen wrote:
Sweet.

On 1 Mar 2013 at 12:16pm brixtonbelle wrote:
thanks webbo, SQ, and JRS, will send details shortly

On 2 Mar 2013 at 6:36pm Southover Queen wrote:
I've emailed you BB.
Sad though, that on a local forum which should be for precisely this kind of conversation, people are not willing to post the information and recommendations publicly. The last time I tried the builder was accused of tax-dodging and exploitation and god know what else. His wife saw it and was really upset, so I won't do it again. Shame.

On 2 Mar 2013 at 7:16pm Deelite wrote:
Could I ask that you send me your builder's details too SQ? BB and jrs too if you would (or, if you've sent them to Webbo I can email him for them).
I'm about to apply for planning permission for an extension and other works and it's about time I found a good builder.

My (anonymous) email address is: spot at overdose.com

Thanks.

On 2 Mar 2013 at 8:56pm Southover Queen wrote:
By all means Deelite. Webbo has my details.

On 7 Mar 2013 at 5:46pm Amanda wrote:
Mr Pete Kelly, Lewes-based builder, very good and also does other stuff including brilliant carpentary jobs, fitting kitchens, you name it ... done loads of stuff at my place including roof room, extention, etc, nice bloke too. 07853917644

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Queen clown 99:132
Queen clown

Nextdoor is nothing to do with the government, which is probably a good thing. It's American, originates in San Francisco, and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa