Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

boxing day

On 26 Dec 2011 at 8:31am j.p wrote:
11am today the hunt starts out side the white hart

On 26 Dec 2011 at 8:39am @Ringmer_Man wrote:
I wished they'd come to Ringmer, lost two of my chickens to a Mr Fox on Christmas eve

On 26 Dec 2011 at 8:48am DFL wrote:
I have to go "hunting" in M&S this morning...boo hoo...

On 26 Dec 2011 at 9:47am Lopster wrote:
You do your kind no favours DFL...
S& M will still be there, the hunt is a once a year experience
On 26 Dec 2011 at 10:58am Kettle wrote:
Mmm. Killing animals for fun? I think I'll pass. Not the sort of people I want to hang around with.

On 26 Dec 2011 at 2:58pm DFL wrote:
Went shopping but survived i.e. didn't buy ANYTHING !! Likewise Kettle, killing animals not my scene either, but isn't the Lewes hunt only chasing a "dummy" scent ?
On 26 Dec 2011 at 8:40pm Hunter wrote:
bring back fox hunting, its part of british tradition and great fun.
It only got banned because of boring city folk.
DFLS turn up in the countryside and then start complaining about this and that and how this is how they do it in the city.
Well bugger off back to the city and leave me to my fox bashing!!!
On 26 Dec 2011 at 9:12pm Observer wrote:
Ive lived in the country all my life and watched you pathetic lot in your stupid red outfits chasing with the aid of a load of hounds a poor defenceless fox. If this is your idea of fun, then I suggest that you bugger off and hunt something that can defend itself.
On 26 Dec 2011 at 9:26pm ObserverHunter! wrote:
Foxes are very good at defending themselves, they always run really fast when i've been chasing them with my dogs. Its defence is running.
Of course no matter how fast it runs i always get the bugger.

On 26 Dec 2011 at 9:35pm Observer wrote:
You are completely right. I had never thought about it like that.
You have opened my eyes and i finally realise that foxes were made to be hunted
Damn stupid furry fox rats wait there while i get my dogs

On 26 Dec 2011 at 9:41pm Country girl wrote:
The uneatable being chased by the unspeakable. Don''t be so naive as to think that they don't kill a fox

On 26 Dec 2011 at 10:24pm Kettle wrote:
I'm not a dfl either. Though I understand that there are a lot of foxes in London. I once suggested to a hunt supporter that gangs of hoodies could take to chasing foxes with their staffies. Rip them apart in the fulham road for everyone's amusement. What do you think?
On 27 Dec 2011 at 12:13am Basil Brush wrote:
Foxhunters and their supporters = utter scumbags.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 5:25am Popebuster wrote:
If hunting with dogs is effective as pest control why don't rentokil send round a bunch of midgets on Shetland ponies when you've got a mice infestation.
Animal cruelty as entertainment. It's great fun seeing small furry animals torn apart by a pack of dogs. It's a bit impractical on a day to day basis, so putting a gerbil in the blender comes in handy when you need another burst of animal abuse.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 6:20am Farm boy wrote:
Fox hunting is cruel in a particularly juvenile and nasty way. The people who enjoy it have simply not grown up. The same applies for those who enjoy shooting partridges and those stupid pheasants. In fact anyone who takes life for fun is a retard and deserves a good seeing to.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 7:54am Giles wrote:
I bet half the people on this thread don't even know what fresh air smells like. Get off your backsides, get out into the country and get a taste of life.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 8:05am observer wrote:
Then why are you not out there enjoying it instead of wasting your time sitting in front of your computer and replying to all this drivel. By the way I am replying to your post whilst sitting on the downs feeding the foxes and using my laptop.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 9:45am mickyboy wrote:
strange world isnt it chasing a fox with a dog is cruel, squashing it (or a badger or a hedgehog) with 1 1/2 tonnes of steel is OK .
obviously its the location that matters, havnt noticed any antis giving up driving to protect the innocent yet, but then again havnt heard of any surfers against sewage reverting to using earth closets in back garden either,

On 27 Dec 2011 at 10:27am kettle wrote:
Whatever, mickyboy. Hunters are just creepy. It,s the pleasure you guys get from your 'sport' that revolts.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 11:26am Country Girl wrote:
Country girl born and bred, currently looking out of the window onto a country lane and open fields. Giles, I think that even people who live in the country can detest hunting.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 12:36pm Farm boy wrote:
Also a country boy, currently looking out of my window over the paddock across open countryside towards the Ouse and Bevern valleys. I even have a gun license and shoot, not for pleasure but to keep the fox away from the chickens and the rabbits from my new fruit trees.

As kettle says, those who kill for pleasure are just plain creepy. mickboy has missed the point, it's the pleasure derived from the taking of life that is the sick thing about those that hunt fox and game birds.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 3:50pm Revengeful Ron wrote:
You lot need your heads examining wasting time fretting over vermin. One of your cute foxes ripped my sons rabbit apart one night. So, the next night I left out a piece of meat stuffed with broken glass, stanley knife blades, and some rather industrial poison. Found the f****r the following morning, didn't even make out of the garden.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 3:58pm Deelite wrote:
Your rabbit is vermin. Might come round to yours and treat it the same way.
On 27 Dec 2011 at 4:19pm observer wrote:
Revengeful Ron I dont believe a word you typed, in fact I think you are a troll. Seriously though I do believe you need help. It is not natural to think up horrible things like that unless you are a tadge mental. Seek help Ron you need it. Deelite dont let him wind you up, just pity him. Happy new year to friend and foe alike.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 4:21pm Farm boy wrote:
You failed to secure your rabbit and you took it out on the fox?! I hope your son forgave you, on both counts.

On 27 Dec 2011 at 4:26pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
@Farm Boy. I was outside the White Hart at 11:00 am on Boxing Day. I do not have a strong view one way or the other on the issue of fox hunting. When it was legal, I was not striving for it to be banned. Now that it is illegal, I am not striving for it to be made legal either.
You say above that you shoot "to keep the fox away from the chickens", but you also say that killing [foxes] for pleasure "is creepy".
So you seem to be saying that there are good reasons for humans to intervene in the natural process and kill foxes, but they shouldn't enjoy doing so. Surely it is better that people who enjoy the tasks others might feel squeamish about, actually carry out that task?

On 28 Dec 2011 at 3:14pm not from around here wrote:
Foxes aren't 'defenceless'! They are very well adapted predators, they prey on chickens, rabbits etc and we pray on foxes - it's just the natural order of things.

On 28 Dec 2011 at 4:29pm observer wrote:
So "Not from around here" you pray on foxes. Why not use one of those little cushions that they supply in church. Also why you are at it pray for the little fox cubs that are left to starve when their mother has been mauled to death. I know the reply will be, we dont hunt them when they have got young but that is a load of B----cks.

On 28 Dec 2011 at 5:53pm jrsussex wrote:
I wonder what percentage of the anti-foxhunting brigade own a cat? The country's greatest predator by far, killing off much of our small wild life creatures and of course birds.

On 28 Dec 2011 at 6:17pm Fishy country Joe wrote:
Lived in the countryside for 50 years. Hate bloody cats - pity foxes don't kill them!
Many farmers refuse to allow hunters on their land due to:
1 - damage to fences and hedges
2 - Foxes kill rabbits - controlling the vermin
I have hens, keep them in a fox proof pen, not hard at all. Lock them in at night, lazy buggers will lose hens to fox.
Seems to me most of the hunters are dfl or nouveau riche tossers, hunt leaders run hunts as a profit making business which is really sick! It was the landed gentry who started all this, now they can't accept that common sense finds the hunt disgusting.

On 29 Dec 2011 at 2:38am AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
Maybe one of the huntsmen will be willing to be the prey next year if its so humane, or one of their family who is sick and should be culled as they eat chickens etc!!!!!!!

On 29 Dec 2011 at 3:57am not from around here wrote:
AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY - yet another person confusing humans with animals. Foxes are animals and do not have the same rights or feelings as people and should not be treated the same way.

On 29 Dec 2011 at 5:51am Farm boy wrote:
The arrogance of humans never ceases to amaze. How do you know foxes don't have similar feelings to humans?

On 29 Dec 2011 at 5:59am Deeite wrote:
The natural order dictates that humans kill foxes? Does your natural order also dictate that we protect giant pandas and greater crested newts? No, of course it doesn't. (Supposedly) humans have the intelligence and the free will to decide how to treat all animals, including foxes.

3 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Normans Helmet 102:143
Normans Helmet

Are they going as Justin Trudeau? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams