Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

book group lewes

On 13 Feb 2012 at 6:19pm kitson wrote:
I'm struggling to find a book group in lewes with spaces for new joiners. I'm new to town and have checked for a list at the library but they don't provide this anymore. Online I found Bell Lane book club, Lewes and beyond and Lewes Women's Reading Group but none want new joiners.
Does anyone know of any open groups?

On 13 Feb 2012 at 9:07pm Sam Spam wrote:
I remember the current Mrs Spam trying to set a book club up last year and arranging a meeting in the Lewes Arms. Don't think it got off the ground and I'm sure she would be up to try again so I will have a chat with her.

On 14 Feb 2012 at 1:39pm Jude wrote:
I will ask my book group and get back to you, Kitson.
I also found book groups advertised in the back of the Lewes News free newsletter which gets delivered to most Lewes households.

On 14 Feb 2012 at 6:17pm kitson wrote:
Thanks Sam and Jude, I look forward to it

On 13 May 2015 at 11:29am William Shaw wrote:
If any of your book group members are interested, crime writers Elly Griffiths, Lesley Thomson, Susan Wilkins and myself will be at Lewes Waterstones on June 18 @ 6.30pm discussing the joy of reading - and writing - crime fiction. Get in touch if you need details. Ta.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Commercial Square programme 31:132
Commercial Square programme

Hi. Has anyone been camping at Blackberry wood? I've booked with a small group for next month but am reading conflicting info on... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle