Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

boncon

On 20 Oct 2017 at 10:57pm Really? wrote:
Since when were shop bought costumes allowed to win? #rule7
On 20 Oct 2017 at 11:12pm Singing.... wrote:
Singing we made our costumes didn't you, singing we made our costumes didn't you???
On 20 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm Also singing.... wrote:
Yes i've made my costumes havent you, ive made my costumes havent you!!!!!
On 21 Oct 2017 at 12:00am eBay pirate wrote:
Apart from the sash, how much of the Nevill first pioneer was actually made ?
None thatís how much
All joke
On 21 Oct 2017 at 12:32am The line.... wrote:
....where do you draw it? How many swords, helmets, boots, chain mail, hats, belts, etc etc etc were homemade? Agree that it makes a mockery of the comps when an army surplus costume wins the day over costumes that take months (if not years) to make!
On 21 Oct 2017 at 12:45am Hyena wrote:
The big questions of the age.
On 21 Oct 2017 at 8:00am Elmo wrote:
Donít just blame it on one costume. I thought the judges decisions were really bad all evening. Who knows which society would have won if the ďbestĒ costumes had been picked.
On 21 Oct 2017 at 8:22am Torchy McTorchface wrote:
Can someone explain for those of us who couldn't be there?
On 21 Oct 2017 at 8:46am You didnít make that !!!! wrote:
Where do you want to start?
Nevill get third in pioneer cup for wearing old womenís clothes ?
On 21 Oct 2017 at 9:22am What a farce! wrote:
Shop bought costumes winning over carefully researched, beautifully handmade costumes, many of which have taken hundreds of hours to make. The judges know nothing. Well done to everyone who worked so hard on their costumes.
On 21 Oct 2017 at 9:56am Dina Shore singing wrote:
Buttons and Bows
On 21 Oct 2017 at 10:27am Couldn't be arsed wrote:
It won't be us moaning as we can't find the shop , so what were the results ?
On 21 Oct 2017 at 10:42am Ted wrote:
It was worth £2.50 to see the Waterloo baby's through there there toys out the pram hahaha "LOSERS"
On 21 Oct 2017 at 10:51am Bob wrote:
Ted:: what a dick head!!
On 21 Oct 2017 at 12:15pm Torchy McTorchface wrote:
It's all very cryptic. How odd.
On 21 Oct 2017 at 12:16pm Foodie wrote:
I misread the title and thought this thread was about bacon. Very disappointed now.
On 21 Oct 2017 at 3:46pm Bonfiregirl wrote:
One of the rules are, it has to be worn on the night of 5th. Lots of costumes last night I'm sure never get worn on the night.
On 21 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm Also a bonfire girl wrote:
I doubt we'll be seeing the rabbit out on the night!
On 21 Oct 2017 at 8:53pm endoftheouse wrote:
I hope the Zulu costume was allowed to enter the comp.
On 21 Oct 2017 at 9:11pm .Pedro wrote:
Yes the Zulus were out in force
And if you have a look the Diversity Lewes fb Page youíll see the right on DFLís frothing out the mouth
On 21 Oct 2017 at 11:43pm Kangaroo wrote:
Bring the rabbits out
On 22 Oct 2017 at 9:12am Wbs wrote:
Bob your right ted is a dick head. But expect nothing more from a cliffe orc points cup is probably in the fire of mount doom already. Also doesn't have to be worn on the 5th just able to be worn in a torchlight procession. Oh and ted cliffe might of won but there were more complaints made by some dirty old lush from the cliffe all night.
On 22 Oct 2017 at 10:03am And thats a fact wrote:
Hand made Costumes that take often years to finish & be happy with every time, That's bonfire, Borough Zulu's took first place in the pioneer class, But the CSBS Indigenous people's (Indians to you and me avoiding the mealy mouth DFL doublespeak) were also out looking as great as ever. The DFL's & DL crowd must be choking on their Chablis but then they set up a group because one lad from South Africa was apparently insulted a long while ago and lacking the ability to rise above it. Mummy started looking for an excuse to protest, returning the complement for our anti apartheid protests possibly, this is of course the same lad who was not actually as claimed insulted about colour and hit randomly in the face outside the brewers the other week, That lad ought to go join the Borough he would soon learn how to stand up to continually having ignorant comments thrown in his face And that's a Fact
On 22 Oct 2017 at 10:12am I was at Bonco wrote:
BonfireGirl The judges asked me who made mine, & what part I played, I told them other than standing still when measured and doing a years worth of odd jobs around the house to keep her happy Nothing, but I need to have a word with her about the burn marks which were quite clear under the light of the Town Hall . The rules should state that any costume that has not yet been worn in bonfire is not eligible or bring back the "Hired in" Class
On 22 Oct 2017 at 4:54pm Funny Really wrote:
Waterloo members complaining that they didnít win because the judges were useless. Who was it that awarded them all those points that they got when they thought they were going to win I wonder
On 22 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm Serious really wrote:
Who said anything about waterloo complaining? From what I saw they were very gracious with their defeat having came second from just 1 point
On 23 Oct 2017 at 1:05pm TTEO wrote:
I'm a Waterloo member. And we was very happy with the night. No moaning from us. Only person I saw moaning was a woman from the cliffe. We had a great night. Came second only losing by one point. Ran the bar and food. Also did judges food. Not many other societies could do that.
On 24 Oct 2017 at 7:34am Funny Really wrote:
Thatís not how I saw it! Maybe not all, but plenty were seething.
On 24 Oct 2017 at 9:48am TTEO wrote:
Funny really why does that not surprise me. Everyone in cliffe thinks the same. If there not having an in fight they want to fight everyone else. Or cause some kind of argument. Unlike cliffe bonfire boys of the past who were true lewes bonfire boys and understood friendly rivalry.
On 24 Oct 2017 at 10:19am menthal wrote:
its quite clear that certain costumes and parts of costumes are purchased ready made. the more you talk the more you realise that the rules of the bonco are flouted by societies and ignored by the judges. I could point out many things that I know to be true, but why bother. it will create an argument when the rules breakers try amusingly to justify or even just lie about their "homemade" costumes. until the bonco starts getting tough and routing out the lies and in some cases blatantly obvious non-homemade stuff then it will always be a farce. I don't know how this could ever happen though. One thing I firmly believe is that any winners must be seen wearing that costume on the 5th of that year, if not, then strip them of their prize and that includes pioneer groups
On 24 Oct 2017 at 1:31pm Phantom wrote:
It is true, there are actually very few costumes that are home made, and even then, where do you draw the line? If it was home made by someone else and then bought by you, (eg WW1 uniform) how would you stand then? If itís bought as a kit (eg. Indian head dress) and then put together, does that count? And then what about someone that makes a jacket, but buys all the rest of the outfit - boots, trousers, hat, belts, weapons etc..
And who is the authority that is going to rule on what is home made, and how would they know. Itís not a easy as people might think. Wearing it on the fifth idea is good, as that is the whole point of a bonfire costume. If it hasnít been worn for Bonfire, then it shouldnít qualify. Maybe photographic evidence should be provided as part of the entry process.

6 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Homeward bound 44:132
Homeward bound

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine