Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

bike ride

On 15 Nov 2012 at 10:27pm paul wrote:
Hi i'm new to lewes does anyone know where theres any good off road mountain bike routes around lewes
On 15 Nov 2012 at 11:56pm Dave wrote:
From The Swan along juggs lane to Kingston along Kingston ridge and up Kingston hill.
Turn left along the south downs way and follow it through southeram over the river, rail line and road then up the hill and along to firle beacon, down to a27 along and across into Glynde, turn left at junction in centre of village 50yds though style up to Mt Caburn then down and up or round top to golf course, down Chapel Hill,
Self congratulate pint in pub in Cliffe.
A great 3 or 4 hours, even better in torrential rain.
On 16 Nov 2012 at 1:20am V wrote:
Stanmer Park! Lots of good bike trails around there

On 16 Nov 2012 at 7:33am High roller wrote:
hello
check out highrollersmtb.org.
Mountain biking club in Lewes

On 16 Nov 2012 at 7:47am trek wrote:
link below to a comprehensive guide to the downs routes.

Check it out here »

On 16 Nov 2012 at 8:09am Fit car driver wrote:
Dave, I got worn out just reading that.

On 16 Nov 2012 at 8:36am Pete wrote:
Start at the base of Offham Hill and head west !!

On 16 Nov 2012 at 9:46am Ducatipete wrote:
Head for Firle Beacon then SDW to Jevington and down to Friston Forest where there are lots of dedicated rides and trails. Then back to Alfriston etc. Firle Beacon west on SDW is brilliant you end up at Blackcap and back to Lewes.

On 16 Nov 2012 at 10:02am someone else wrote:
paul - everywhere! Downs is great for XC, there's not much DH about but as Ducatipete says, there's some good singletrack fun to be had in Friston Forest.
If you fancy a proper trip out, jump on the train to Portslade, go up past Foredown Tower to get on the SDW, then trundle back, turning off to come back into Lewes at Black Cap.

On 16 Nov 2012 at 10:24am paul wrote:
thanks guys you been a real help i'll try some of them routes out

On 16 Nov 2012 at 12:08pm Ratty wrote:
I recommend you get yourself an OS explorer map 122 Brighton & Hove, Lewes & Burgess Hill. You can ride on any of the bridleways. There are loads to explore around Lewes and on the Downs.

On 16 Nov 2012 at 6:45pm cycleman wrote:
Lewes has got to be one of the best centres for off road cycling in the country. Almost limitless. You can go in any direction and just follow any bridleway

On 8 Dec 2012 at 10:19am Dave Binns wrote:
Hi guys, me and my partner Simon are opening up Quantum Bikes at the Sussex Hang Gliding Centre in Beddingham on the A27! We will be doing organised mtb rides from there on weds evenings and Sunday mornings with coffee and cakes afterwards! Look forward to seeing you all, cheers, Dave

On 8 Dec 2012 at 10:35am Dave Binns wrote:
Hi guys, me and my partner Simon are opening up Quantum Bikes at the Sussex Hang Gliding Centre in Beddingham on the A27! We will be doing organised mtb rides from there on weds evenings and Sunday mornings with coffee and cakes afterwards! Look forward to seeing you all, cheers, Dave

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

One of each 95:132
One of each

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde