Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

being a homosexual in lewes

On 26 Apr 2013 at 8:03pm tarquin wrote:
hi everybody i have just moved to lewes from kemptown in brighton and wondered if anyone could guide me to any gay friendly pubs or cafes in town
On 26 Apr 2013 at 9:48pm Adrian wrote:
The Gardeners
On 26 Apr 2013 at 10:02pm Lift my shirt wrote:
Is that the "Uphill Gardeners" Adrian?
On 26 Apr 2013 at 10:29pm k y jelly wrote:
there you go tarquin you pulled already adrian is waiting
On 26 Apr 2013 at 10:30pm lift my skirt wrote:
First of all try to ignore the previous unhelpful posts, Lewes is on the whole a fairly tolerant town The snowdrop is a nice pub as is kings head. To be honest it is a bit embarrassing defending my lovely town in the face of the small minority of bigoted a holes. Welcome it really is a unique special place.
On 26 Apr 2013 at 10:52pm Xplorer1 wrote:
Tarquin, welcome to Lewes. It's a very liberal, easygoing town, despite the few bigots that this forum seems to attract. Hang out, make friends and be yourself. You'll do just fine.
On 26 Apr 2013 at 10:59pm my land wrote:
Liberal town are you pissed . lots of us are not benders
On 26 Apr 2013 at 11:34pm Belladonna wrote:
There are no specific gay pubs/clubs in Lewes, Tarquin. In fact you won't find much nightlife at all apart from a few pubs, a few pub gigs etc.
On 26 Apr 2013 at 11:55pm really my land wrote:
Bender! Really come on you complete wally. Not heard that sort of language since I was at primary school. Good for you we all know you are not a bender! Good for you we all know you are a bit of an a hole, butt in no way are you a bender from Lewes.

On 27 Apr 2013 at 12:20am captain wrote:
There is no real gay themed nighlife in lewes. The snowdrop is a very friendly pub. Lewes on the whole is quite liberal, though you might find there are quite a few big fish in a small pond/small minded folk to ignore.
If u like things like walks and mountain biking then join outdoorlads they have quite a lot of stuff happening in and around lewes.
On 27 Apr 2013 at 12:48am mickyboy wrote:
lewes is friendly where ever you go, sexual orientation is a matter of personal choice dont look for gay bars, thats what brightons all about just look for friendly ones, that as far as i know means everywhere in lewes. lewesians will take you as you are,
On 27 Apr 2013 at 5:15am my land wrote:
Just stop talking about gays .We all know it not Normal .

On 27 Apr 2013 at 8:00am steven wrote:
tarquin oi oi
On 27 Apr 2013 at 10:22am Ed Can Do wrote:
There are no specific "Gay bars" in Lewes but in my experience, every pub in town is gay friendly. I certainly don't remember any hostility towards gay people in a pub in Lewes, other than the occasional, very rare bit of schoolyard abuse like you've seen here and that's almost certainly comes from people deep in the closet and in denial about their own sexuality.

I believe according to the last census, Lewes is in the top 10 gay towns in the country as a percentage of total population, primarily due to house prices in Brighton and older people getting bored of the Brighton scene and looking for something a bit calmer out in the countryside.
On 27 Apr 2013 at 11:08am Annoyed of Lewes wrote:
Posts like this really annoy me. In this age of equality, why seek out specific places to go, we're all the same!!!
On 27 Apr 2013 at 11:29am tarquin wrote:
oh dear ive you all again

On 27 Apr 2013 at 11:35am stevenxxx wrote:
oh tarquin you are naughtie
On 27 Apr 2013 at 6:43pm Zebedee wrote:
I can't believe that people fall for 'tarquin's threads. Its a shame, as the obvious result will be that people won't reply to threads that aren't shams as they'll suspect that they are started as a 'joke' (only funny to 'tarquin' sadly). Is that what you want 'tarquin'? No forum at all?

Roll on registration.

On 27 Apr 2013 at 7:52pm time for bed wrote:
tarquin now zebedee how many more names you gonna use ?

On 28 Apr 2013 at 10:10am George Roper wrote:
My favourite retro term for the gays is not 'bender' but 'bum bandit'

On 28 Apr 2013 at 1:24pm bum bandit wrote:
aww georgey porgey you nawty boy

On 28 Apr 2013 at 2:47pm Clifford wrote:
It's interesting how repressed homosexuals always seem to have a mental age of about 10.

On 28 Apr 2013 at 4:54pm It takes one to know one wrote:
Indeed Clifford, you do.
On 29 Apr 2013 at 5:50am Expat Two wrote:
Ha ha!!!, oh that's just brilliant! You see, Clifford made a wry comment about idiots and the idiot said, 'no I'm not, you are' BUT he did it in SUCH a funny way. Brilliant. I might put that on my FB status, its so brilliantly witty, everyone will think I'm as funny as that dick.
I don't always agree with the central tenets of Freudian psychology, except when it comes to overcompensation. Now, I'm off to stitch my sides back up.
On 29 Apr 2013 at 9:18am captain wrote:
Its funny when you read this thread and you see a post that says -
"Posts like this really annoy me. In this age of equality, why seek out specific places to go, we're all the same!!! "
Then you read that
"Just stop talking about gays .We all know it not Normal . "
then is it any wonder that gay guys seek out specific places ???
And then you read that the OP has "fished us in"........ how utterly unevolved and backward our little town is................. the human race continues to disappoint me pretty much every day......
On 29 Apr 2013 at 11:44am tarquins mate wrote:
so disappointed that you had to tell everyone

On 29 Apr 2013 at 12:42pm GhostBike wrote:
Lewes is, for a small town, exceptionally tolerant and enlightened. There is a significant gay community, both male and, particularly, female. One of the most popular pubs in town (among all sections of society) is run by a gay couple. Unfortuantely the two or three puerile homophobes in town appear to live here, although despite all their efforts they can't manage to be vaguely funny or original.
Incidentally I love the implicit assertion ('targuin' etc) that only the upper middle classes (particularly DFL types) can be gay. Of course no true born and bred Lewesian could ever be homosexual. It's all a bit like the way certain African dictators claim that there's no gay activity in their country except that caused by Western influences.

On 29 Apr 2013 at 12:43pm GhostBike wrote:
When I say 'live here' I meant this forum, obviously.
On 29 Apr 2013 at 4:44pm Marjorie wrote:
The haters just keep on hating. They die with hate etched on their faces. They die sad and they die early.
On 29 Apr 2013 at 4:54pm duh wrote:
Right
On 29 Apr 2013 at 9:15pm Colonel Colon wrote:
None of the gays are born & bred lewesians. It was brought here by deviants from Brighton & London some time during the aids epidemic of the 1980's. true lewesians stand firm with clenched sphincters.

On 30 Apr 2013 at 10:29am GhostBike wrote:
It must be really hard to be simultaneously so offensive, so unfunny, so ignorant, so childish and so obviously in denial about something, Colonel. Why not true using all that effort to increase the share of happiness in the world rather than being a bit of a w****r?

5 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Cross 48:132
Keere Street Cross

It's a long time since the U.S.was the only outpost of freedom from the tyrannical rule of Europe. The usury mongers soon got... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina