Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

areas of lewes

On 21 May 2007 at 11:36pm mrs d wrote:
me & my husband and 2 children are moving to lewes this summer from up north. We plan to rent for a bit then buy - but we haven't a CLUE about areas to live in. Could anyone out there possibly do me a list of areas - from nicest to worst with descriptions of each - and, if possible, any clues about rents and house prices. we will need to rent - then buy - a small 3 bed house. all help/advice gratefully received - i'm completely in the dark here!

On 22 May 2007 at 8:49am The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Various areas of the town have been covered in depth here. Rent wise, allow 1000 per month for a reasonable three bedroom semi. Allow 320,000 if you want to buy it.

On 22 May 2007 at 10:32am Madge wrote:
You can buy some nice good sized ex-council family properties in Lewes starting from 240.000 in an ok area but it depends what you are looking for.

On 22 May 2007 at 7:49pm Chav wrote:
If you are scousers, you can rent a caravan at Southerham and sell tarmac drives like the rest of them. If you are Geordies, you can't afford to come here.If you are Yorkies, you can rent shoebox at bottom of t'garden. if you are Jocks, please stay right where you are. (or try seaford).

On 22 May 2007 at 8:27pm Northern Bigot wrote:
Chavs looking down on people? Shouldnt you be out nicking stuff off other peoples washing lines? The only peace we get is when they are signing on or collecting their methodone!

On 23 May 2007 at 10:42am A depressed house hunter wrote:
Forget Lewes. It's pants...for the very rich or scum on social....nothing in between...

On 23 May 2007 at 4:05pm The Super K wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't call myself or any of my friends in the rich catogry........ definately none of us are scum on social......."A depressed house hunter" you need to see someone about that depression!

On 23 May 2007 at 4:59pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Super K I agree. Lewes is very much about what is in between. Dig a bit deeper into Lewes and do better research.

On 24 May 2007 at 10:29am A depressed house hunter wrote:
Prozac here I come............

On 24 May 2007 at 2:14pm The Super K wrote:
Chuck us a couple!

On 24 May 2007 at 8:44pm Scumbag on social wrote:
Lewes is ok, but we live in Neville and we've had a young couple move in next door. She's alright but he keeps moaning and calling us pikeys. You can't choose your neighbours though.

On 25 May 2007 at 9:19am A respectable tax payer wrote:
I like your sense of humour scumbag....must need it living up the Nevill (NO E on the end)

On 28 May 2007 at 9:12pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
May I suggest contacting Stanley and Partners or BPM (Bradley Property Management). As you are aware, Lewes isn't the cheapest place to live, although fantastic. Ringmer is a village two miles away and houses are a lot cheaper. If Lewes is definately where you want to be Landport or New Malling are probably your best bet price wise. If money is no object the Wallands is good, and fairly close to the town.

On 31 May 2007 at 11:58am landport dude wrote:
Landport is not a good place to look either, a house on any estate can cost as much as one in town.

On 31 May 2007 at 1:19pm A toff wrote:
The best area for housing in Lewes is off the Brighton Road e.g. Houndean Rise etc.....if you have recently won the lottery or are a premiership footballer, bank robber, celeb..etc etc

On 31 May 2007 at 9:42pm For The Record wrote:
I suspect that the twittens leading southwards from the High street are becoming the most exclusive/expensive addresses.
Refurbished house in Watergate Lane currently on the market @ 2.5m and 2br flat being developed in St Nicholas Lane has sold for 450K

On 31 May 2007 at 11:04pm mrs d wrote:
Thanks all. I suppose the most useful info to know is which areas to avoid like the plague! We are neither toff nor chav! Just normal, somewhere in between I suppose - just wanting a little house in a happy, safe, peaceful, family friendly area.
Any suggestions welcome.

On 3 Jun 2007 at 9:44pm Rookie wrote:
I'm a Nevill resident and I find it quite pleasant around here.

On 9 Jun 2007 at 9:31pm MJ wrote:
I wouldn't recommend Lewes now, it's gone Bijou and too
expensive and you can't get tradesmen because there's
nowhere to park anymore.

On 12 Jun 2007 at 12:06pm The Super K wrote:
Where on neville do you live???? Shame the Arrogant young couple. You don't have to put up with it!

On 12 Jun 2007 at 1:08pm Dole scrounger wrote:
I bet it's Nevill Crescent??

On 15 Jun 2007 at 11:53pm rookie wrote:
Top of North Way. A nice distance from Nevill Crescent, and definitely out of air rifle range.

On 16 Jun 2007 at 11:41pm Dougal wrote:
Nevill seems pretty cool to me - apart from one house by the main road...

On 17 Jun 2007 at 8:50am rookie wrote:
yes.

On 17 Jun 2007 at 3:35pm The Super K wrote:
Yes.

12 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffes Cliff 27:132
Cliffes Cliff

Sweet Fanny Adams, Nev, what's it got to do with you? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams