Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

anchor inn

On 1 Nov 2012 at 4:11pm k wilson wrote:
i have never had such a aggresive reception from anyone in my life like the new landlord of the anchor inn whats he trying to do kill his business before it even gets going what a twat he thinks he owns the river and everything around it we where married there and he has totally spoilt any chance of us having our anniversery dinner there

On 1 Nov 2012 at 5:17pm uckers barry wrote:
did you tell him how you feel why tell us what do you want us to do about it

On 1 Nov 2012 at 6:47pm Wetlands wrote:
What did he do? Brandish a stick and threaten to kill you and your family as he did to a neighbouring landowner recently?

Simon Thomas is slowly losing the plot....... and the Anchor Inn.

On 1 Nov 2012 at 7:21pm Zebedee wrote:
Strange how k wilson and uckers barry are illiterate in exactly the same manner. Neither uses full stops or capitals..... and neither makes any sense.

On 1 Nov 2012 at 8:16pm mickyboy wrote:
carefull zebedee, you might not be aware of it but most barristers use no punctuation at all. after all a punctuation mark in the wrong place could completely change the meaning or emphasis of something.

On 2 Nov 2012 at 8:41am Pete wrote:
Zebedee, you may be right, but, try asking them to say what they mean, a lot more helpful surely ?

On 2 Nov 2012 at 10:45am Zebedee wrote:
@ mickyboy. In a sentence punctuation is used to aid the correct conveyance of meaning, not obscure it as you appear to think.

I have a letter from a lawyer in font of me. The punctuation is perfect. Maybe you think barristers are a special case. If so, why?

@ Pete. Because they (if indeed they were not the same person) were being lazy. Even a simpleton can start the first sentence with a capital letter, and only someone marginally more intelligent end it with a full stop.

On 2 Nov 2012 at 10:56am Ed Can Do wrote:
I know a few barristers (I'm related to one in fact) and they all use exemplary grammar in all their communication. Maybe you need to think about getting yourself a new (And better) barrister, mickeyboy?

On 2 Nov 2012 at 3:28pm padster wrote:
Ed are you related to a barrister in the sense that your his or her's pet?
A spaniel with big ears and bad breath......perhaps?

On 2 Nov 2012 at 5:15pm Clucking bell wrote:
bet its a cafflic dog an all ,

On 2 Nov 2012 at 7:34pm Peasant wrote:
To be clear: this is the Anchor Inn, Barcombe, NOT the much better known Anchor Inn, Ringmer

On 3 Nov 2012 at 10:16am buzz aldrin wrote:
Check out what Trip Advisor's visitors have to say here:

Check it out here »

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 31:143
Down the Pan

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina