Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

voting

On 3 May 2013 at 10:42pm milkman wrote:
Well done to the u k i p
On 4 May 2013 at 7:22am Harry wrote:
Indeed. EU membership and immigration are such important local issues, it makes perfect sense to vote UKIP.
On 4 May 2013 at 7:24am Nevil Rook wrote:
Yes well done UKIP you just managed to beat the Tory into last place in Lewes, you must be proud !
On 4 May 2013 at 7:25am milkman wrote:
like i said well done u k i p .
On 4 May 2013 at 8:55am Patrick Austin wrote:
A vote for UKIP is a vote for ignorance and intolerance. How any sane minded individual can take that shower seriously is absolutely mind boggling.
On 4 May 2013 at 9:20am Phfellow2004 wrote:
I just think it is a great pity that UKIP has distracted votes away from other candidates on the ballot paper who have 'earned' the right to be elected many of which have had a good track record of local service and mostly understand the needs of the electorate in E Sussex.
On 4 May 2013 at 9:28am the old mayor wrote:
It was a LOUD and CLEAR message to the other parties that they aren't listening. Pure and simple, the pawns being the local councillors. What those in power, or who want to be in power, do about that message is up to them.
On 4 May 2013 at 9:55am havenrook wrote:
Cons,Lab and Libs are all now after the Ukip vote.The Romanians/Bulgarians coming to the Uk will ensure the rise of the Ukip vote in the european election.
On 4 May 2013 at 10:17am Referee wrote:
If you feel your voice isn't being heard and your concerns rarely represented it probably makes sense to have voted UKIP as a collective protest.
It is the only way of making your voice heard under a winner takes all voting system and those in Ouse Valley East have done just that to break the one-party stranglehold across Newhaven, where every single District and Town councillor has been a Liberal Democrat. for a dozen years or more.
The only pity was that voters in Ouse Valley West, which encompasses most of the town itself, failed to ditch the vastly inferior of the area's two LibDem candidates: although her 60 vote majority and vote share was the narrowest in East Sussex.
On 4 May 2013 at 12:53pm David Thomas wrote:
Who are you talking about and what exactly is wrong with them 'referee'?
On 4 May 2013 at 1:20pm Nevil rook wrote:
Proud to be a citizen of Europe now, citizen of the world tomorrow !
On 4 May 2013 at 1:40pm Ukipper wrote:
You should change your name to Nevill Cock

On 4 May 2013 at 4:11pm milke wrote:
Patrick Austin need to open his or her eyes
On 6 May 2013 at 7:38am Clifford wrote:
Phfellow2004 wrote: 'I just think it is a great pity that UKIP has distracted votes away from other candidates on the ballot paper who have 'earned' the right to be elected...'

So you think it is a political rule that only the Labour, Tory and LibDem parties have 'earned' the right to votes? What about when the Labour party was first taking votes from the Liberals in the 1920s? Or were you being ironic?

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes railway land 80:143
lewes railway land

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington