Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

compass travel

On 6 Jan 2017 at 11:32pm Margret Steeple wrote:
I often take the bus to 125 bus to go to the glynde opera house, but unfortunately the service often is very late, if it comes at all. For me, It is dreadfully unreliable, and I was wondering if others shared the same problems as me? Also, the drivers are commonly grumpy and occasionally quite rude. They will stand smoking and crudely chatting after the scheduled time of departure is, but I guess it is not their fault as they are likely paid very little. I am using the forum to gage a general consensus of the matter, and whether only I as an elder person experience this issue. Thankyou
On 6 Jan 2017 at 11:56pm Taff wrote:
crudely chatting?
On 7 Jan 2017 at 12:23am trolling attempt wrote:
utter rubbish and poor attempt
On 7 Jan 2017 at 7:31am Lewes Resdent wrote:
Margret we have problems with them in Lewes around the Town if they are running late they miss a route out we call the office who tel us get a taxi send in the bill.COMPASS phone number 01903 690025 good luck,
On 7 Jan 2017 at 7:48am fifi wrote:
When our local services were reduced , through no fault of Compass I rang the company and spoke to the M D . He created the new timetable running buses at quiet times of day so that they were virtually empty and wuth no buses running at times that school children could use . Where I live its a good 30 minute walk to Priory / Sussex Downs and while I do think its good for teenagers to walk they often have very heavy bags . In this day and age there should be a bus to and from school if they wish to use it . The M D admitted that he had " missed a trick " I think our service has been altered slightly now but is still far from satisfactory .
On 7 Jan 2017 at 9:24am Agony Uncle wrote:
@Margret - You can't even spell your own name, let alone Glyndebourne and gauge. If you're trying to do a parody of an older person, please bear in mind that they wouldn't say "I guess" (it would be "I suppose") or describe themselves as an "elder person". There is an art to trolling and you still have a lot to learn.
On 7 Jan 2017 at 10:13am Agony uncle wrote:
Sorry about my last post, I was having a moment. Compass are a bloody awful company. Always late and always grumpy and always dirty!

On 7 Jan 2017 at 10:21am Agony aunt wrote:
Fairy nuff, unc.
On 7 Jan 2017 at 2:22pm Horseman7 wrote:
I'm an older person (63 in a couple of weeks' time) and use #127 regularly between Malling and the town centre, plus #123 and #125 spasmodically. Very occasionally a driver will be grumpy but most are absolutely charming and happy to drop me at my front door if I have heavy shopping. Sometimes the bus is late because it's been held up in traffic. It's a shame that the service has been cut from 30 to 60 minute intervals for Malling. Apart from that I have no complaints.
On 8 Jan 2017 at 12:57am Blakey wrote:
There's a real threat that the 125 will be axed, thanks to ESCC spending cuts.
On 8 Jan 2017 at 9:17pm The Greek wrote:
Miles better than when Countryliner had it.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 125:143
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine