Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Parlimentary Canditates 2015

On 7 Mar 2015 at 3:50pm trooper wrote:
Parliamentary Candidates. I am sure like many others have over many years been used to seeing the candidates on the hustings(ie the street) or on your doorstep, so you could look him/her in the eye.This system it appears is long gone we now get TWITTER OR FACEBOOK or a glossy leaflet through the door. I can only assume it is a form of cowardice/ignorance/ and patrinisation that these people will not meet those who they want to support them.
On 7 Mar 2015 at 4:03pm SOT wrote:
If it was me I would have been in the town today standing on a box making my case. Are they all too important for that nowadays ?
On 7 Mar 2015 at 5:48pm Phfellow2004 wrote:
The Conservative Candidate, Maria Caulfield, has spent several hours today in the Cooksbridge area with her travelling team supporters. I understand that she also attended a hustings in Plumpton yesterday.

On 7 Mar 2015 at 6:12pm trooper wrote:
S o T, the answer to your question is YES. When you have the Media why would you need to get up on a box in the street, much too common, as for knocking on doors, why would you???
On 7 Mar 2015 at 9:36pm The Old Mayor wrote:
That Maria bird needs to get her ar$e into Lewes, pretty sharpish if she's to convince anyone here. Lewes was always a strong Conservative seat and could be again what with the older generation and the price of houses here.
On 7 Mar 2015 at 9:40pm Mavis wrote:
We really don't want another hung parliament, do we ?
On 7 Mar 2015 at 11:23pm Justin wrote:
A well hung parliament is what I would like Ducky.
On 8 Mar 2015 at 8:22am SOT wrote:
I have heard good things about this Maria Caulfield it would be inertesting to hear what she had to say
On 8 Mar 2015 at 9:40am Outintheestates wrote:
One thing we definatley do not need is a lab/ snp coalition
On 8 Mar 2015 at 12:30pm mikey wrote:
The tories are not perfect but are the best chance we have. You only have to look at Greece and France to see what a disaster a left wing government would be.
On 8 Mar 2015 at 7:31pm Pedant wrote:
Outintheestates, will you get you mum to buy you a dictionary so you can look up the word definitely?
On 9 Mar 2015 at 1:12pm TRIPLE HOP wrote:
Good to have seen Norman Baker out and about on the doorstep in Plumpton at the weekend.

On 9 Mar 2015 at 8:04pm Skip and jump wrote:
Vote UKIP

On 10 Mar 2015 at 6:18pm Outintheestates wrote:
Pedant what does get you mum to get a dictionary mean . Predictive typing like mine I assume

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts 29:132
Closet and Botts

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine