Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Zulus - Deleted Post??

On 26 Oct 2017 at 9:15am Storm in a Teacup wrote:
Could anyone (or Webbo) please explain why my following post was deleted?
"Has anyone here actually bought a Borough programme? If you look in there you will see that a group from KwaZulu Natal will be joining their ranks and putting on a traditional dance performance in town on the afternoon of the 4th. Let's leave the outrage to them shall we?"
On 26 Oct 2017 at 9:17am Storm in a Teacup wrote:
Not to mention an interesting piece about the amount the Zulus suffered at the hands of the white man and their fightback.
On 26 Oct 2017 at 10:30am Tea in a teacup wrote:
Could have been Stevie Freeman that deleted it. Seems to do a good job of deleting posts on FB when the going gets tough.
Poor tactic to make threads look unbalanced/one-sided. Naughty naughty!
On 26 Oct 2017 at 10:39am stevie Freeman wrote:
hi tea in a tea cup - no I didn't even see it and I don't have power to remove anything from here actually - I have however had emails asking if im ok and that they were shocked and worried - so I do wonder what it said? ive heard a photo of me was shared - are you all going to come get me? as it quite clearly stated in a few posts "you know where I live" and "where I work" - im not afraid im just sad for Lewes!
On 26 Oct 2017 at 11:00am Storm in a Teacup wrote:
Apologies Stevie I didn't quite realise my post had descended into that! That sort of behaviour is unacceptable. As a Labour member who used to live in Lewes I don't wish to see any of this!
On 26 Oct 2017 at 11:26am stevie Freeman wrote:
it was then added they should bring pitch forks - my garden does need a good sorting out, so maybe this could wrk out in my favour!
On 26 Oct 2017 at 11:40am Lady Grinning Soul wrote:
This Forum really is vile.
I saw what was written about and the photo of Stevie yesterday.
What thoroughly nasty cretins.
Hope you're ok Stevie - don't let these idiots stop you. x
On 26 Oct 2017 at 12:04pm Storm in a Teacup wrote:
I could be described as an SJW leftie but then again I'm heavily into my bonfire. Call me an oxymoron if you will!
On 26 Oct 2017 at 12:04pm Storm in a Teacup wrote:
It's been re-instated without the comments!
On 26 Oct 2017 at 12:49pm Sl wrote:
Stevie freeman, please educate me on how you think I am a racist by supporting the zulus.
I never have been and never will be a racist! And would like to add am also offended to be seen as one by my support of the zulus. may as well be offended, everyone else is!! We are encouraged as a society to accept one another and great strides have been taken to help combat racism, although I am well aware it still goes on. In all my years in bonfire I have to say I've never heard such outrage regarding racism in fact it's never even crossed anyone's mind until you and that group which nobody ever heard of started spouting such inflammatory rubbish!! Whilst I support your fight against racism, I can't help but feel you are barking up the wrong tree here. If it's 5 minutes of fame you're after I would suggest to you that you take this ridiculous fight else where and use it for a much more worthy cause. What will you do once the 4th has been and gone? Take a few days off and congratulate yourself on causing a devision where there wasn't one. until you came along. It's all very well raising awareness but really???
On 26 Oct 2017 at 3:54pm Stevie Freeman wrote:
Hi Si, maybe come see me at the shop and we can have a chat face to face - I find these online discussions don;t often go anywhere constructive - also there have been a whole bunch of people in discussions for past two years with Borough, off the internet about this, just trying to keep it quiet - I didn't start the petition but I applaud whoever did because it was clear nothing was going to change - im just an easy target I guess as people seem to know who I am, where I live and where I work and they are bringing round some pitchforks it seems!

On 26 Oct 2017 at 5:39pm and thats a fact wrote:
Someone ought to tell the Borough people have been talking with them for two years about this, they must have been mighty deaf with all them rookies going off, they claim the first time of a meeting with diversity lewes was back in the spring of 17 and the issue was not formally raised ,it was raised only formally three or four weeks ago rather a lot less than 2 years ago and thats a fact
On 26 Oct 2017 at 7:15pm Who? wrote:
Apologies Stevie Freeman but Iíve no idea who you are or where you shop is. Please can you elaborate?
P.S. Iím ďLewes born and bredĒ and fairly neutral about Zulu related issues.
On 26 Oct 2017 at 10:18pm Eric wrote:
If nothing else I am now aware of one shop I will avoid.
On 27 Oct 2017 at 7:24am Yeah ha wrote:
Stevie can I buy some boots and a hat in your shop so I can dress up a s a skinny little white boy , cowboy on bonfir enight , love and kisses Lenny Henry
On 27 Oct 2017 at 8:37am Stevie Freeman wrote:
Yeah Ha - We sell music - we are not a fancy dress shop!
Eric- sorry to loose your custom, assuming youve been one of our regulars up until now?
Who - if you donít know who I am or where my shop is thatís fine with me, Iíve never brought it up but others did, with the suggestion of bringing pitchforks - I think itís because I dared suggest blacking up wasnít ok!
Good day to you all
On 27 Oct 2017 at 7:27pm Bonfire Boy wrote:
I fundamentally disagree with her on this subject. But anyone who has talked about where she lives or works is pondlife of the lowest order with a bit of knuckle dragging thrown in. How dare you treat someone that way for having the temerity to disagree with you.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge 131:132
Willeys Bridge

And all to celebrate a parasite who has never done a day's productive wor in his life. His uncle, Mountbatten, was a friend of... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell