Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

ZU

On 28 Oct 2014 at 8:16pm Dred wrote:
What are the ZU parties like at the Phoenix estate?
On 28 Oct 2014 at 9:00pm Fred wrote:
Much like the Zuma ones but without Mums.
Closes at 11.30 and drugs are frowned upon
On 28 Oct 2014 at 9:13pm Zane wrote:
No drugs? F**ck that for a party!
On 29 Oct 2014 at 6:29am Dads wrote:
What's a Zuma party like

On 29 Oct 2014 at 11:35am Fred wrote:
Like a ZU party but with your Mum there.
Stupid boy
On 29 Oct 2014 at 2:51pm Ed Can Do wrote:
If you think that drugs are frowned upon at a Zu party then clearly you've never been to one. Essentially each party follows something of a similar format. A band to start with followed by a "DJ" (Normally someone playing shop-bought mix cds through a laptop attached to the sound system), a fairly reasonable bar, a long queue to take drugs in the toilet and no explanation as to how the licencing authorities or fire regulation people haven't shut it down yet.

They are generally fun nights out though and given the alternative in Lewes is essentially going home then good luck to them. The door prices are extortionate at times and they often won't let you in unless you've emailed ahead to say you're coming, I guess that's how they get around the licence issuews by being an invite only private party rather than a public event.

A lot of the people who attend are slightly annoying, new-age, middle class born again hippy types but there's stipulation that you have to talk to any of them.
On 29 Oct 2014 at 4:03pm bastian wrote:
ed can do, you suprise me, I never thought of you as a zu party goer.
They do have a license, and regular fire inspections. It's a no smoking, no drugs part and the bar is soemtimes no alcahol becuae they are only granted licenses for so many parties.
The limits on the door are because of the fire regulations, they are only allows so many people in the place during a party and they stick to it.
But they are fun, colourful and great dance music, bands and people.

On 30 Oct 2014 at 9:32am wrote:
"no explanation as to how the licencing authorities or fire regulation people haven't shut it down yet"
It's all legit and licensed, you know.
On 31 Oct 2014 at 7:11pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I never knew that, I always assumed it existed in some kind of grey licensing area. Certainly it's got better run over the years, the first few were pretty chaotic. It's a miracle that the place has never been overrun with drunken chavs, given it's the only place open that late on the weekend but I guess once they leave the Volly they just stagger home, via a fun bit of smashing wing mirrors, rather than go out of their way to visit the industrial estate...

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle from below 61:132
Lewes Castle from below

I'm all for being open-minded, cynical and skeptical about narratives, big business, big-pharma etc....but where was your... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington