Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Yummy Mummies

On 4 Jan 2018 at 9:34am LewesLad wrote:
Okay we can all complain about the DFLs, but one upside is the Yummy Mummies. We all know what I mean; well turned out early 30s to early 40s mums, keep in good shape through a mix of yoga, wheatgrass shots and having to push your designer buggies up Lewesian hills. To the Yummy Mummies: I see you making an effort, don't pretend you are just doing it for your own benefit. Here's a fan showing some appreciation.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 10:42am Gigolo wrote:
My services have never been in such demand. I'm thinking of employing an assistant. negotiable. Huge benefits. Anyone interested?
On 4 Jan 2018 at 10:48am Pf wrote:
LOL
On 4 Jan 2018 at 11:30am James wrote:
I'm really good looking and I get the eye from them all the time, they love it. So glad their husbands move them down here then spend all day commuting back up. Easy pickings. Love to 'brush past' when they block the pavement.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 11:38am Pervy Pete wrote:
Where do I apply Gigolo?
On 4 Jan 2018 at 11:46am @James wrote:
That's actually really creepy and disturbing, you don't really think that's normal behaviour do you?
I call into question the claim that you're "really good looking", definitely sounds like the act of a fugly bloke.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 11:52am Local wrote:
However, most of them aren't very yummy at all. Just bulky, older than they like, and stuck with a brat all day on their own. Half of them are incapable of driving either their over-sized prams or cars around our small town.....
On 4 Jan 2018 at 12:16pm LewesLad wrote:
@James Yeah you are so creepy. I was just appreciating the scenery.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 12:22pm Peter Pan wrote:
Stedford wife,s
On 4 Jan 2018 at 1:34pm James wrote:
Trust me. I am fit.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 1:51pm @James wrote:
You sound very modest James, the funny thing about being "good looking" (fit and good looking are two different things) is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just because you think you're good looking doesn't make it so.
Share a photo and we'll judge.
I seriously doubt if any woman would want a random letch brushing past them in the street (good looking or not), I think you've been watching too many adult movies ("oh my we're stuck in a lift, whatever should we do to pass the time").
On 4 Jan 2018 at 2:28pm James wrote:
I think you are taking this far too seriously. I don't watch movies or do date sights because I get so much anyway. I was just saying the dflw's are very very attracted to me.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 2:46pm @James wrote:
I get that bit James, but you ruined a good joke by adding "Love to 'brush past' when they block the pavement", which is just downright creepy (good looking or not)...
On 4 Jan 2018 at 4:52pm Neanderthal wrote:
@Local - you are a sexist knuckle dragging waste of space. Go back and to the 1970s where you belong
On 4 Jan 2018 at 5:38pm The Etruscan wrote:
Never mind how they look. Are they teaching their children what is acceptable/unacceptable behaviour in public?
On 4 Jan 2018 at 5:42pm James wrote:
@@James. Your jealous! Are you male or female? Either way I can help you out. I never joke about my squeezes.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 6:16pm Sam wrote:
Oh goody. Let's see how many misogynistic and predatory remarks we can cram into one thread. Then we can get the little ladies to apply ointment to our chafed knuckles while we ponder our next sleezy comment or manoeuvre. All in good fun, of course. Anyone who says otherwise has no sense of humour.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm @Local wrote:
Yes, and I bet you look like Tom Hardy's better looking twin and have driving skills to put Lewis Hamilton to shame.
On 4 Jan 2018 at 10:30pm Local wrote:
Several responders are missing the point above. I don't regard myself as yummy or special or otherwise super-fashionable. I'm just a mum, getting on with my life. I drive an ordinary car, in an efficient manner ( I can park within two white lines, know how wide it is so I don't block roads if there's a parked car on one side, and can see the front corners of it over the steering wheel) and, as Estruscan points out, strive to stop my kids running riot in public places like spoiled little brats.
On 5 Jan 2018 at 12:45am slurp wrote:
Leweslad and James - you may stand a chance yet. After all, it must get tiresome being attached to those bearded hipster alphas, however toned and energetic they appear. And all that cash and witty conversation must get a bit dull. I reckon a smutty glance from the local knuckle draggers would make their day!
On 5 Jan 2018 at 8:56am @local wrote:
Woah, you're a woman???? Seriously poor effort there in your ageist body shaming of "bulky" "older" women. I bet you find Jim Davidson hilarious and refer to yourself as your husband's "lady wife". What a grim post. You think no woman in Lewes with kids - none of whom actually label themselves "yummy mummies" you realise - can't drive and is generally hopeless in every regard, including bringing up their children? What a horribly judgemental world you inhabit. Anyway, I'll leave your perfect non bulky frame to return to your perfect driving skills and your perfect children
On 5 Jan 2018 at 9:12am @James wrote:
Unfortunately for you I am also extremely good looking (10/10 hot or not), so no I'm not jealous in the slightest.
On 5 Jan 2018 at 11:01am LewesLad wrote:
Honestly what's wrong with just saying that women who make an effort to look good, do in fact look good. I'm not saying I am going to run out and make advances on them. I like attractive women around the place to give it a bit of class, what's the issue? Quite frankly, I am sure they are all riddled with neurosis and would make terrible bedfellows.
On 5 Jan 2018 at 2:32pm India wrote:
It's the bit where you said you brush up against them on purpose that has upset people.
On 5 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm Nick wrote:
India, is that your real name? It's a lovely name.
On 5 Jan 2018 at 7:03pm India wrote:
Thank you. Yes, it is my real name.
I only recently started posting on this forum, and I decided to just be me, as opposed to a making up a forum name.
On 5 Jan 2018 at 7:13pm Local wrote:
So @local, can you please provide a translation of your rant? You have again missed the point there are an increasing number of (probably mainly) DFL mothers who look and behave very differently to us local mums. Many appear to be trying to follow various celebrity / magazine / TV stereotypes in terms of their look, behaviour, attitude and 'accessories', ie the 'yummy mummy' tag referred to in the original post. The vast majority of said people are nothing like the genuine article (young, attractive, slim, wealthy, not-short-of-paid-help, etc), nor are they like Lewesians. I suspect you may be one, from the fury of your posts?
On 5 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm India wrote:
Not that there's anything wrong with making up a forum name by the way!
I just couldn't think of one, so just plumped for my own name. Probably not the smartest thing to do on a forum!
On 5 Jan 2018 at 7:45pm Nick wrote:
They blog, they drink coffee, they go the gym, they do lunch, they walk the dog, they plan holidays, the housekeeper cleans, Waitrose deliver their shopping and the childminder looks after the children - but are they happy?
On 5 Jan 2018 at 8:10pm @Local wrote:
I don't think a translation is necessary since I wrote my post in the English language. There is no fury in what I wrote, just astonishment. It's a complete misreading of most people that they are attempting to be "yummy mummies" or anything else for that matter. To assume that fellow Lewes mothers - because they dress slightly differently to you - are attempting to ape celebrities in magazines is to assume monumental vacuousness. What should they be wearing? What would be acceptable to you? If someone makes an effort, does that provide an excuse to deride that effort? I do not regard myself as a yummy mummy any more than you do. I just don't judge people and find them wanting based on their clothes rather than the content of their character. What I think is dangerous is this compulsion to divide - local mum's vs DFLs. Brits vs foreigners. Black vs white. We all belong to one race: the human race. Stop bullying and trying to find fault in people who are simply going about their daily lives, trying to make ends meet and bring up their kids - as is the case for most of us. And most of all, stop presuming to know perfect strangers. It is you missing the point.
On 5 Jan 2018 at 10:59pm Local wrote:
Bill's. Flint Owl. Depot cafe. Overheard in Waitrose.
Enough said.
On 6 Jan 2018 at 3:34pm @Nick wrote:
Are they happy? I would be Or even if I wasn't, I'd be a lot more comfortably miserable.

5 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Railway Land Bridge 100:132
Railway Land Bridge

I would definitely suggest that Pancetta not bother to read it, the writer is not your type at all. Just vape another and float... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy