Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Youth in Nevill Park

On 17 May 2016 at 7:39pm Nevill Mum wrote:
Such a beautiful new park that has been built. It's such a shame that the local youth come down in the evening and destroy it. We've just come down to find a large group swearing, throwing sand in the trampolines, kicking footballs at us and ripping up the plants. Very disappointing.
On 17 May 2016 at 7:58pm Bert wrote:
Call the police. Sounds like vandalism and anti social behaviour.
On 17 May 2016 at 8:03pm Nevill Mum wrote:
I did call the police, but unfortunately after the second attempt and disconnect in transfer, the kids had left the park. I've reported it online, but don't see what can be done now. I suppose at least now they will be aware of the damage to be repaired.
On 17 May 2016 at 8:42pm Ernie wrote:
Sad about the vandalism, but what else did you expect?
On 17 May 2016 at 9:38pm Neville nevill wrote:
All sorts been using our new facility , lots coming up from the flats ,
On 17 May 2016 at 9:41pm Tim wrote:
Not the people from the flats surely?
On 17 May 2016 at 9:49pm St Pancras wrote:
Not the Abergavenny mob again !
On 17 May 2016 at 10:00pm Lewes man wrote:
Well next time get your phone out and take a photo of them . Then call the Police
On 17 May 2016 at 10:30pm peter perfect wrote:
I would go into the police station, report the problem and get an incident number. Then next time you phone in because the youths are at it again, you quote the report number and then they have something to refer to. That's the theory anyway
On 18 May 2016 at 4:30pm Victoria wrote:
St. Pancras, we are not amused.
On 18 May 2016 at 6:10pm Resilewes wrote:
Damn, they sound like the alcohol-consuming kind of yobs. I was hoping they'd be chilled out stoner teens that I could use to buy weed locally off. The hunt continues.
On 18 May 2016 at 8:37pm MiddleAgedMan wrote:
The kids actions are not acceptable, but may be explainable.
This generation of kids watched the parks (like the Priory and the one at Bell Lane) fall into disrepair but now witness all the money being spent on redevelopment of the parks.
I suspect they feel a bit cheated and ignored.
Who at the council decided to deprive a generation of kids decent upgrades to their facilities? They should be named as these kids will be of voting age soon. Thank you Ruth for finally sorting out the problem, but someone should be named and shamed.
... or maybe, they were just drunk.
I'm just sayin' we should all have a think.
On 19 May 2016 at 12:05pm Captain wrote:
What is that Middle Aged Man?It's ok to vandalise a kids playground because it's better than the one you had when you were a kid! Really?

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington