Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Your Thought on a nice wedding ring...

On 28 Apr 2011 at 6:42pm randyms wrote:
A question I would like your opinion on. Guys, do you want to to go all out and spend all your money on an engagement ring to make your girl happy?

Ladies, does the cost of the ring actually increase how much love you feel for your man?

I dont have a insane amount of money but the ring I brought home for my GF the other day she said was to small so that hurt and now I don't know what to do. So, what's your thoughts on this?

On 28 Apr 2011 at 6:51pm Lambo wrote:
I thought the traditional cost of such things was a months salary. Quite a hit to take.
Take it back to Argos and get your money back, then save for something half decent!

On 28 Apr 2011 at 9:06pm Roly Mo wrote:
Your girlfriend sounds a bit spoilt if you ask me. I have no idea how much the ring that my husband gave me cost, nor do I want to know. I would be disappointed if he had bought it in Argos, admitedly, but I wouldn't have expected him to spend a month's salary.

On 28 Apr 2011 at 10:02pm fekal wrote:
I always favoured the good old chocolate starfish meself.

On 29 Apr 2011 at 7:09am 'ere be monsters wrote:
She won't be happy with the chocolate starfish approach without you spending money!!

On 29 Apr 2011 at 8:15am Madame Bovary wrote:
If she said it was so small it hurt, surely she meant the size. At a small cost you can have it made bigger.
Alternatively, why not take her with you to choose another one together. You could ring the shop first to ask them to only show the trays of rings with prices you can afford. Personally, my ex insisted I had a solitaire diamond ring, which I never wanted, having always longed for a sapphire. I would have appreciated the choice.

On 29 Apr 2011 at 2:56pm jrsussex wrote:
Ruby is love and a diamond is forever. Fir that reason I bought a ruby ring with diamonds (very small) around the ruby.

On 29 Apr 2011 at 6:05pm Sparkles wrote:
Get her a massive fist-sized zirconia

On 30 Apr 2011 at 9:18am Alan's Ex wrote:
Always go for the largest diamond he can afford and never hate him so much that you have to give it back!

On 30 Apr 2011 at 1:19pm Deelite wrote:
Ask her to go on a diet. If she won't get a smaller girlfriend.

On 30 Apr 2011 at 9:16pm Perfect ring wrote:
I gave my husband to be a rough idea of what i liked, nothing huge but there were certain styles i didnt like. To be honest though anything that he would have given me would have been perfect! Its not all about the rings at all, there just a symbol. Surely she has given some indication of what she likes???

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bottleneck House 13:132
Bottleneck House

This is a sad and infuriating subject, as so much misinformation is pushed, and the far-right lap it up as their truth. I was... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams