Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

You’ll have to speak up...

On Wed 20 Feb at 7:42pm Howling at the Moon wrote:
Not sure if I'm late on this and apologies for discussing bodily issues in public...however...rang St Andrews Surgery as I need my ear wax removing (currently deaf as a post) and they no longer provide that service. Was advised to go to Spectrum (ie private) where they charge 75 quid...just saying...
On Thu 21 Feb at 8:57am Rods Tiger wrote:
Same story at School Hill surgery, and Spectrum. Surely this is a Natior Health service ?
On Thu 21 Feb at 9:27am nancy wrote:
Olive oil.
On Thu 21 Feb at 9:39am Journaller wrote:
Unfortunately it is the elderly who can't spare £75 that will suffer.
On Thu 21 Feb at 4:19pm Dave wrote:
I’ve used those ear candles before. They worked a treat an a lot less than £75
On Thu 21 Feb at 8:34pm Buzzard wrote:
I wonder if the NHS will charge you if you go to A&E with ear damage after trying DIY syringing.
On Thu 21 Feb at 8:35pm King of Sussex wrote:
So what we’re saying is the demographic most likely to be suffering are the demographic that most likely voted for austerity, voted for dismantling the NHS and selling it’s services to Tory owned ‘health businesses’.
Have I got that right?
On Fri 22 Feb at 9:16am Journaller wrote:
No you haven't. Sweeping generalizations are crass.
On Fri 22 Feb at 10:39am Green Sleeves wrote:
@king of sussex. Yeah, who could have possibly imagined that voting for a party that prioritises the interests of the very wealthiest in society (a tiny, massively influential minority), in a blind hope that some of that wealth somehow trickles down to the rest of society (which has continually failed as an experiment, cos....well the rich love to keep hold of their money) could possibly fail?

I feel that you can quite easily measure common sense in people these days by just viewing their voting record (and that includes MPs as well in parliamentary votes).
On Sat 23 Feb at 6:54pm Local wrote:
I'm wearing a towel

On Tue 26 Feb at 12:23pm Local wrote:
Disappointing how many people didn't get the Simpsons reference

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:137
Cliffe Tableau 2015

I hear that the 12 year old rover parked on the D permit space for several weeks at a time had a note attached to it this morning... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine