Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Worst songs/music EVER

On 10 Aug 2008 at 8:39pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
As cheesy songs are mentioned in another thread, I thought we could discuss songs we hate. Personally I absolutely detest anything by The Lighthouse Family. How did they get a record deal???? And why do they keep playing them on the radio? Also, Simply The Best by Tina Turner would make me leave a venue. Why does it exist, it is horrendous? Also R & B. It all sounds the same, and the videos (in most cases) where the singer is male, have loads of black women dressed in bikinis standing behind. Why can't they be original? Is it just chavs who buy R & B, or do normal people buy it too?

On 10 Aug 2008 at 9:13pm Lewes Larry wrote:
Anything sung by Lewes Operatic society!

On 10 Aug 2008 at 10:32pm Toque wrote:
Agree with Simply the Best. Also anything that is a mega-mix (Abba, Grease, Boney M) has me running for the door. And "It's Raining Men".
There's an advert running currently advertising "Summer Holiday Hits". It includes such classics as:
Horny - Mousse T. Vs Hot 'n' Juicy
Macarena - Los Del Mar
Mambo No.5 - Lou Bega
Mr. Vain - Culture Beat
No Limit - 2 Unlimited
Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
Probably the only thing in its favour is that it doesn't feature anything by Ricky Martin.

On 10 Aug 2008 at 10:33pm Toque wrote:
Actually, here's the link, which also serves as my list.
amazon.co.uk/Summer-Holiday-Hits-Various-Artists/dp/tracks/B000G73S0G/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

On 10 Aug 2008 at 10:53pm Mystic Mog wrote:
For me it has to be 'this city is built on rock and roll'. Appallling, although a Grace Slick Starship number, it was actually written by Brits - shame on them.

On 11 Aug 2008 at 1:03am rookie wrote:
Any reggae

On 11 Aug 2008 at 8:35am juju wrote:
Any strange remix of a classic or just remix of anything.

On 11 Aug 2008 at 9:51am Local wrote:
One of the worst was Macarthur Park sung by Richard Harris. It's so bad I tracked it down and now it's on my ipod - I listen to it to remind me of the time I didn't know whether to laugh or weep. Mind you, as a sign of advancing age I bought a DVD of Cliff Richard's Summer Holiday the other day and am looking forward to watchi9ng it, when I'm on holiday.

On 11 Aug 2008 at 11:39am Nosey Parker wrote:
Mull of Kintyre by Paul McCartney

On 11 Aug 2008 at 11:42am kitty cat wrote:
Any heavy rock WHY? All noise and no music! And agree with Juju why remix anything can't the writers these days come up with anything new? The odd one or two arent too bad but some of the stuff ARRRRRghhh

On 11 Aug 2008 at 11:48am kitty cat wrote:
Anything by Johnnny Logan as well. Sylvesters Stallones brothers songs

On 11 Aug 2008 at 12:34pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
This is going to be controversial, but I cannot stand Elton John's music either, his voice really grates on me. Do you remember the really bad Euro pop that you always heard on holiday, but thankfully was never released in this country. Well, it seems that it now is and is popular.

On 11 Aug 2008 at 5:59pm Frak wrote:
I could be here for ages
Angels - robbie williams (and anything else by him)
You're beautiful - James blunt (and everything else)
Almost all R&B, and I don't mean proper rhythm and blues, but things like neyo, usher, craig david (don't get me started on craig david!)
Anything by the Levellers, leona lewis (and any x factor winner) and toploader
Also, I just don't get what the big fuss about Prince is, a couple of OK songs, but that's about it. Same goes for U2.
I'll stop there, but if you want any more let me know!

On 11 Aug 2008 at 8:37pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
American Pie

On 11 Aug 2008 at 8:51pm me wrote:
shut uppa ya face

On 11 Aug 2008 at 10:20pm expat wrote:
I can't understand why anyone liked the scissorsisters. I HATED that song which to me was a cross between the beegees and bucks fizz. It makes my bones feel like they're bending when I hear it.

On 11 Aug 2008 at 10:25pm Zola wrote:
Brown Girl in the Ring.
Anything by Black Lace.
Grandad.Clive Dunn.
Grandma.
Save all your kisses for Meeeeee...
Englebert Humperdink.Anything.
The Krankies....

On 12 Aug 2008 at 11:02pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Auld Lang Syne.

On 13 Aug 2008 at 7:53am juju wrote:
Jamellia, she always sounds like she is whining

On 13 Aug 2008 at 10:43pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Anything played on (or by) a dead animal!

On 14 Aug 2008 at 12:04pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
My friend gave us tickets to see Jamelia, Beverley Knight and Lemar. Obviously I would have preferred to poke my eyeballs out with a pin, but went, got drunk and had quite a good time, although I hated the music. Jamelia was the best of the lot. SO question is, which is the most embarassing concert you have been to?

On 14 Aug 2008 at 12:08pm Music Man wrote:
Bannarama! i was very very very sad! it was to please the girl i was with! changed girls since then!

On 17 Aug 2008 at 11:03pm expat wrote:
Sade in Sydney she was soooooooooooooo boring

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Love 70:132
Lewes Love

any keyring? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare