Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

World Cup Rugby

On 9 Sep 2011 at 11:02am rugby fan wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any pubs in Lewes opening for the world cup games?
I know its an early start but you cant watch rugby without a pint of TT in hand!

On 9 Sep 2011 at 11:07am Fan wrote:
The Elly, as usual, is catering for us brilliantly. Beer and breakfast!

On 9 Sep 2011 at 11:10am rugby fan wrote:
I knew we could rely on Hew and Dec!
Dont suppose they are opening for the Scotland Romania & Fiji Namibia games too are they?
Think I might have to move in if they are!

On 9 Sep 2011 at 12:15pm Paul Newman wrote:
I wonder if Ashton is fully recovered form that Knee op. I must say I prefer the back row with Moody injured .... I can`t see England winning but they have plenty of talent and you never know

(The last Football World Cup just about finished off my interest in the round ball game ... shudder )

On 9 Sep 2011 at 12:57pm Rookie wrote:
I will be supporting the England rugby team. Englands round ball team is a shambles though. I lost interest about 3 world cups ago.
The Rooks are at home tomorrow though. Real football at a fraction of the cost.

On 9 Sep 2011 at 1:06pm Taff04 wrote:
Well, I shall be supporting Wales. Tough first game against South Africa though, plus some bone crunching games after that !! Get the Brains SA ready !!

On 9 Sep 2011 at 5:11pm huw wrote:
We (the Elephant and Castle) will be showing the Argentina vs England match, the England vs Scotland match and any other England match after the group stage. We will be opening 30 minutes before kick off and doing breakfast, tea, coffee and beers.
We'll see what interest there is for the middle two group games, 7am kick offs may prove too much for people.
Also, we may run a system for future matches whereby you can pre book breakfast and a seat at a discount rate.
I might even get some Skull Attack in, even though we won't be open for the Wales matches

On 9 Sep 2011 at 5:42pm Chris wrote:
From the start of the thread, a wonderful piece of self (or by proxy) promotion - TT on by any chance? I still hope to be there to watch rugby though Huw and Dec for prime time TV. Full details of their listings, menu and events can be found at ...

On 9 Sep 2011 at 7:29pm Fan wrote:
Why be so cynical Chris? I'm not Huw or Dec, but I just live near the Elly, like sports, and had noticed the posters saying that they are open early for the matches. What's wrong with that, then??

On 9 Sep 2011 at 8:21pm Huw wrote:
Hope to see you here Chris. Must say though, if I want to promote events at the pub, as I have done before, I do it under my name and will unashamedly advertise when I want to. Don't believe in the sneaky advertising/criticising that frequently occurs.

On 9 Sep 2011 at 9:03pm Paul Newman wrote:
Sounds like a great boozer to me

On 10 Sep 2011 at 12:35am Chris wrote:
Apologies - no offense meant, just being cheeky! Hence the (Though reading my post back it does look rather more cynical than I meant it, sorry) The Elly is indeed a great boozer.

On 10 Sep 2011 at 8:18am Taff04 wrote:
Huw, if you're not showing any of the Wales games, then no amount of skull attack will entice me to enter your premises......well maybe not

On 11 Sep 2011 at 10:49am huw wrote:
Sorry Taff, not showing them. But I'm busy watching it myself now

On 13 Sep 2011 at 12:23pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Much as it pains me to say it, Wales played well in their first match and deserved a win. It's shaping up to be a good tournament, although Australia's demolition job on Italy suggests an eventual Southern Hemisphere winner.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mount Caburn 100:143
Mount Caburn

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington