Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Working men's / Cuilfail Club

On 7 Jul 2017 at 11:09am One of that lot wrote:
The Lewes Workings men's / Cuilfail Club. Is about to close in two weeks time.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 11:46am Charlotte wrote:
Patriarchal and discriminatory institutions deserve to die.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 12:12pm Horseman7 wrote:
In what ways is it discriminatory?
On 7 Jul 2017 at 1:04pm Clifford wrote:
And what about the Lewes Ladies Luncheon Club, Charlotte. Not patriarchal I suppose.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 1:36pm cliffordo wrote:
Matriarchal mayhap ?
On 7 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm Are ya local? wrote:
Where did you get that information from one of that lot?
You need to be careful about spreading rumours.
The club is not discriminatory Charlotte, the name is a throwback from a different time that's why they have changed the name to Culfail club. It is a family oriented place with many strong characters male and female and as someone complaining about discrimination Charlotte you are making a lot of assumptions without being informed.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm Nobody wrote:
If its so good why is it closing ?
On 7 Jul 2017 at 3:10pm Paula wrote:
The Sex Discrimination Act was passed in 1975. The club in your town apparently changed its title in 2017. That 42 year delay is SHAMEFUL and a lot of people are going to be making representations about it.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm There aint no working wrote:
men in Lewes now. They are all Middle Class thanks to Maggie.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 6:11pm Lopster wrote:
You almost spat that out Paula "the club in YOUR town" - you not from Lewes then?
How about letting the locals of the LEWES Forum worry about local issues - bit threatening towards us on behalf of your "lot of people" too I feel...
On 7 Jul 2017 at 6:54pm Dfl wrote:
Another DFL trying to change things to replicate gentrification going on bloody everywhere. Why don't you just try to fit in with this community - or bugger off back from whence you came. Giving DFLs a bad name ...
On 7 Jul 2017 at 8:47pm Old councillor wrote:
I am really sorry if this story is true. I lived in Malling for many years and was there when the Prince of Wales closed, but also the community centre. The Working Men's Club was a safe haven for people from Malling and Malling Street to have a quiet night out. I have played cribbage there for years and good to see the young lads going in for a game of snooker or darts, all well behaved. It is a great family place run by dedicated volunteers.
On 8 Jul 2017 at 10:21am Webbo wrote:
Daniel Yarrow the guy who runs it has told me it's NOT TRUE and has asked me to remove this thread as it's not fair on his staff.
On 8 Jul 2017 at 11:57am Well said wrote:
Webbo These rumour posts don't deserve to stay.
On 8 Jul 2017 at 9:42pm Double standards wrote:
Webbo you dictatorship is taking an ugly turn. You are loosing it.

On 11 Jul 2017 at 6:31am And thats a fact wrote:
Amazing how so many people can comment on a subject they know sweet FA about, And that's A fact The LMC/Cuilfail club may well have a committeee primarily made up of dinosuars from a different age who should have hung their cloth caps up years ago, but its a great venue, its financially sound, it has good staff, and with some younger blood on the committee it will have a chance of hauling its backside into the 21st century. Also they pull a very good pint, And that's another fact.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare