Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Working men's / Cuilfail Club

On 7 Jul 2017 at 11:09am One of that lot wrote:
The Lewes Workings men's / Cuilfail Club. Is about to close in two weeks time.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 11:46am Charlotte wrote:
Patriarchal and discriminatory institutions deserve to die.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 12:12pm Horseman7 wrote:
In what ways is it discriminatory?
On 7 Jul 2017 at 1:04pm Clifford wrote:
And what about the Lewes Ladies Luncheon Club, Charlotte. Not patriarchal I suppose.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 1:36pm cliffordo wrote:
Matriarchal mayhap ?
On 7 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm Are ya local? wrote:
Where did you get that information from one of that lot?
You need to be careful about spreading rumours.
The club is not discriminatory Charlotte, the name is a throwback from a different time that's why they have changed the name to Culfail club. It is a family oriented place with many strong characters male and female and as someone complaining about discrimination Charlotte you are making a lot of assumptions without being informed.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm Nobody wrote:
If its so good why is it closing ?
On 7 Jul 2017 at 3:10pm Paula wrote:
The Sex Discrimination Act was passed in 1975. The club in your town apparently changed its title in 2017. That 42 year delay is SHAMEFUL and a lot of people are going to be making representations about it.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm There aint no working wrote:
men in Lewes now. They are all Middle Class thanks to Maggie.
On 7 Jul 2017 at 6:11pm Lopster wrote:
You almost spat that out Paula "the club in YOUR town" - you not from Lewes then?
How about letting the locals of the LEWES Forum worry about local issues - bit threatening towards us on behalf of your "lot of people" too I feel...
On 7 Jul 2017 at 6:54pm Dfl wrote:
Another DFL trying to change things to replicate gentrification going on bloody everywhere. Why don't you just try to fit in with this community - or bugger off back from whence you came. Giving DFLs a bad name ...
On 7 Jul 2017 at 8:47pm Old councillor wrote:
I am really sorry if this story is true. I lived in Malling for many years and was there when the Prince of Wales closed, but also the community centre. The Working Men's Club was a safe haven for people from Malling and Malling Street to have a quiet night out. I have played cribbage there for years and good to see the young lads going in for a game of snooker or darts, all well behaved. It is a great family place run by dedicated volunteers.
On 8 Jul 2017 at 10:21am Webbo wrote:
Daniel Yarrow the guy who runs it has told me it's NOT TRUE and has asked me to remove this thread as it's not fair on his staff.
On 8 Jul 2017 at 11:57am Well said wrote:
Webbo These rumour posts don't deserve to stay.
On 8 Jul 2017 at 9:42pm Double standards wrote:
Webbo you dictatorship is taking an ugly turn. You are loosing it.

On 11 Jul 2017 at 6:31am And thats a fact wrote:
Amazing how so many people can comment on a subject they know sweet FA about, And that's A fact The LMC/Cuilfail club may well have a committeee primarily made up of dinosuars from a different age who should have hung their cloth caps up years ago, but its a great venue, its financially sound, it has good staff, and with some younger blood on the committee it will have a chance of hauling its backside into the 21st century. Also they pull a very good pint, And that's another fact.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Street Lewes 111:132
Station Street Lewes

I'm sad to not be on your book shelf amongst the great works of D.Icke or L. Ron Hubbard et al. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington