Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Wood burning stove installer

On 31 Aug 2010 at 7:38pm Smiler wrote:
Can anyone recommend someone to install a wood burning stove?
The flue is not going up a chimney but through the wall and up the outside of the house so it's not a job I want to do myself.

On 31 Aug 2010 at 11:05pm Frowner wrote:
Just wait 6 months and then realise its an unnecessary gimmick. You'll save yourself a fortune.
On 1 Sep 2010 at 7:54am Mike wrote:
Home Heat at Clayhill near Ringmer or Woodstock Stoves in Heathfield.
On 1 Sep 2010 at 10:12am Dave wrote:
Ouse Valley Energy Services Company, contactable via Lewes District Council. They have all the details of suppliers and installers. We had one done last year, bought the fire on line and got a bloke from Heathfield to install it. Ovesco can even give you a grant towards the cost. Poor Frowner has it all wrong, they are bloody brilliant.

On 1 Sep 2010 at 10:54am stan wrote:
frowner, why is it a gimmick.We heat our house with wood and keep the thermostat down low. If you have a free source of fuel then it will save money. I wouldn't pay for logs though.

On 1 Sep 2010 at 12:14pm Pedant wrote:
I'd avoid Woodstock in Heathfield if I were you. I had some problems with them a few years ago over a gas burning stove and had to report them to both the Health & Safety Executive and the regulator of gas installers who criticised them for the way they worked.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:132
Chapel Hill Lewes

Hi. Has anyone been camping at Blackberry wood? I've booked with a small group for next month but am reading conflicting info on... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa