Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Will the water at Pells Pond be clear this winter?

On 21 Nov 2017 at 9:32pm Bill Cooper wrote:
I was just wandering if the water down at Pells Pond is going to be really clear this winter as it's always a nice thing to see.
On 21 Nov 2017 at 9:41pm Mario wrote:
It might be nice to look at, but it makes the fish easy pickings for herons as well as being a sign of pollution (no algae etc).
On 21 Nov 2017 at 10:03pm Torti wrote:
It will clear once it gets colder, I agree fish are more vulnerable but not sure about pollution, more a summer prob with algae, the thing I don't like seeing is all the rubbish in the pond!
On 21 Nov 2017 at 11:08pm Bert wrote:
It will have to be used for drinking water soon, all those new luxury flats that have just been and currently being built wont have any water next summer, as Ardingly reservoir is quite dry and rumour has it wont last.
Its all very well building new accommodation but how long ago was a new reservoir built to meet the new demand ? Just blaming the climate for not dropping new stock out of the sky, doesn't cut it.
On 22 Nov 2017 at 12:43am Pondman wrote:
I remember a few years ago there was a big shoal of goldfish in it that presumably had started from prizes at the fair on malling field being put in. I think they went when the town flooded.
On 22 Nov 2017 at 8:03am Gordon Brown wrote:
sold them

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Buskers in Lewes 17:132
Buskers in Lewes

Looking for 50bn in cash that the Bank of England seem to have mislaid, perhaps? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina