frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Why does the universe exist?

On 5 Sep 2018 at 12:51am Jim Holt wrote:
Why is there something instead of nothing? In other words: Why does the universe exist (and why are we in it)?

Watch the video »
On 5 Sep 2018 at 8:28am Clueless wrote:
Congratulations you've just managed to ask "the question".
Not sure what kind of replies you're expecting here though (bearing in mind earths greatest minds have been trying to figure this question out since the beginning of human history).
On 5 Sep 2018 at 8:53am Q wrote:
Just marvel at it, that's all we can do.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 9:03am Man wrote:
At last a question worthy of the great intellectuals who make up this forum. The universe exists because something had to happen with all the energy and matter that was leftover after the collapse of the previous universe in the most recent big bang. You are just a temporary collection of carbon that lives on a mass of matter we call the earth. That you are capable of asking the question is just an amazing coincidence of evolution. Energy and matter must be a natural state for universes as is life in the particular circumstances of our planet. Please ask a question for further clarification rather than giving thumbs down.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 9:06am marvin wrote:
On 5 Sep 2018 at 1:05pm shadrack wrote:
bit deep eh ...who knows but it could be 42
On 5 Sep 2018 at 1:33pm Pilgrim wrote:
It's God's will.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 3:12pm D Adams wrote:
If the universe is infinite and never ceasing to grow, ever expanding, then what is it expanding in to ? What space already exists for it to expand in to ? And what lies beyond that space ?
On 5 Sep 2018 at 3:32pm Twilight zoned wrote:
A yellow brick road and Donald Trump hiding behind a curtain pulling his ***...Sorry!! I meant levers!
On 5 Sep 2018 at 3:34pm Twilight Zoned wrote:
I feel guilty now!!
Just when a vaguely sensible intellectual discussion was materialising like a neutrino in the morning light, I dumped a charmless pile of strange quarks into the forum!
Sorry!!....
On 5 Sep 2018 at 4:20pm God wrote:
The answer isn't 'why'. Why is irrelevant. What you really want to ask is 'HOW'.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 5:48pm Buzzard wrote:
I think, therefore I am. And therefore, the Universe has to exist to support me. At least, I think it does.

On 5 Sep 2018 at 8:14pm Honestly wrote:
My 6 year old son asks me this question.
Honestly, have you not progressed in your thinking beyond the level of year 2 at primary school?
On 5 Sep 2018 at 10:11pm Clifford wrote:
Why worry about a question that can never be answered? Why not just enjoy the fact that it does and we spend all too brief a time here?
On 6 Sep 2018 at 12:11am @clifford wrote:
Why come on here criticising a thread when you could be enjoying yourself? Who are you to decide if people are wasting their time anyway?

On 6 Sep 2018 at 6:29am Aristotle wrote:
Itís so that some people in Lewes have a place to be center of.

On 6 Sep 2018 at 8:49am Stars in his eyes wrote:
So the wanchors in the Lewes Arms can tell everyone and anyone within earshot how clever they are.
On 9 Sep 2018 at 11:23pm stargazer wrote:
To tell Southover Queen that she's at its centre.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green
NCG