Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Why do shoppers ignore reversing cars?

On 28 Jun 2007 at 9:50pm Madge wrote:
Why do shoppers walking towards and away from tescos insist on walking behind cars that are already emerging backwards from parking spaces instead of waiting for the driver to finish their manouvre. The times I have seen even mothers with children just carry on walking behind cars that are already reversing! it beggars belief! If a car was to hit someone they would throw a wobbly but there are pathways to use especially when you are letting young children run ahead.

On 29 Jun 2007 at 8:23am me wrote:
It seems mothers with children don't really care at all about there kids. I have lost count of the amount of times i have come round the corner on the offham road opposite the paddock only to be faced with a mother and pushchair or young children trying to cross on a blind bend. And no i have not been speeding because i know that idiots cross here. what staggers me more is the fact that it is 100yards or so from a zebra crossing.

On 29 Jun 2007 at 5:26pm off my trolley wrote:
To be fair, there isn't a footpath if you happen to park on the river side so people tend to walk down the road behind the cars. But then I also do this even if I park on the other side...must be something about this car park that encourages dangerous trolley wrangling

On 29 Jun 2007 at 5:40pm Your Mumma wrote:
"It seems mothers with children don't really care at all about there kids" - what an astonishing statement to make!

On 30 Jun 2007 at 10:23am me wrote:
What else could you say when on a regular basis you see mothers and fathers for that matter teaching their children that it is ok and safe to cross on a blind bend when there is a zebra crossing only 100yards away. you see people waiting to cross on this bend with the pushchair half on the road. They can't seem to care that much or they are unbelievably dumb

On 2 Jul 2007 at 12:11am walter wrote:
Looking at the state of some of the kids around, the lack of supervison and the attitudes, I can believe some parents have other priorities. It may seem a horrible statement, but what's happening?

On 5 Jul 2007 at 4:45pm Lord Tennison wrote:
the other reason they are all crap drivers MOST OF THEM WOMEN.

On 5 Jul 2007 at 7:34pm For The Record wrote:
Not all women are like Trinny & Suzanna!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter 26:132
Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter

Is it not obvious that the part of the project in England will be discussed here not in Greece or Lithuania? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy