Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

White Hill

On 15 Apr 2013 at 11:01am Nellie wrote:
Nearly smacked into a car that was edging out of Abinger Place this morning. Normally, I drive toward the middle of the road as I come up toward the Elly (unless of course, something is coming the other way!), - that gives drivers coming out of Abinger the best chance of spotting me. Now, that new little island thing is making me drive close to the kerb, which means I'm not seen until drivers edge out further from Abinger to get a better view of what's coming. So beware of that one, drivers. Always a bit of a dodgy junction, that one!

On 15 Apr 2013 at 11:28am Blip wrote:
Thanks for that. Will do.

On 15 Apr 2013 at 5:32pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Sounds a bit like coming out of Market Lane into Fisher Street. It would appear that the planners have got this one wrong. That island must go, and the new crossing should be further away from Abinger Place.

On 15 Apr 2013 at 10:36pm Local wrote:
It can't be any further away from Abinger Place without screwing up the junction with St Johns Terrace. And the island is to more to protect pedestrians in preference to cars, as with all road 'improvements' these days.

On 16 Apr 2013 at 10:24am Council Nuts wrote:
Also did anyone notice the priority change on Fisher Street? They've painted the road markings but there's no sign to warn people, was causing a bit of a problem this morning as some people coming from Fisher Street and White Hill had no idea what they were doing.

On 16 Apr 2013 at 4:25pm Ed Can Do wrote:
They did a trial run of the priority change for a month or so once before and it caused a number of accidents and horrific queues up the Offham Road. As a result of this "Successful trial period" ESCC have decided to give it a go for another year.

One wonders if the muppets who work for ESCC even look at the results of surveys and trials they run because Lord knows they never, ever pay any attention to them. With each stupid idea to come out of County Hall it looks increasingly like the whole council is run on the basis of some bloke thinking something is a good idea and then pressing ahead with it no matter what anyone else thinks or says. I can't fathom the kind of ego one needs to have that level of self-belief in the face of both public opinion and basic facts but I do wish there was any form of accountability for these ludicrous schemes so the idiots championing them get their marching orders when the whole thing turns out to be a collossal waste of time and money.

On 16 Apr 2013 at 5:22pm Bongo wrote:
I shall be walking to work from now on. It will be quicker than driving or bussing it, I think.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Rugby Club 78:132
Lewes Rugby Club

I think you're probably stuck if she's on heat. She'll be a doggo magnet for miles around. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine