Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Which school if you live in pells?

On 11 Apr 2011 at 2:14pm Brussel sprout wrote:
I have asked the council people with no joy as they are unable to predict future intakes etc........
If I move to the Pells area, which school is my kid likely to get into? anybody on here live in Pells and have kids.... where do they go?

On 11 Apr 2011 at 4:07pm drone wrote:
The obvious answer is Pells school in Landport road. But South Malling is also a possibility, being your next closest. I have friends who live on St Johns Hill who sent their kids to Wallands.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 7:52pm Brussel Sprout wrote:
Thanks.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 8:10am TT wrote:
Mine go to Western Road, could have gone to Wallands and Southover as far as I can tell

On 12 Apr 2011 at 8:32am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Ask Emerson, he's the expert.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 12:43pm Ed Can Do wrote:
There's always Lewes New School...

On 12 Apr 2011 at 6:31pm jane wrote:
Wallands

On 12 Apr 2011 at 9:57pm Dad wrote:
Less likely to get into South Malling as they have reduced the intake this year. Your main choice is between Pells and Wallands.

On 13 Apr 2011 at 7:18am drone wrote:
South Malling is running an extra reception class from September. The intake looks like going up rather than down. Worth enquiring.

On 14 Apr 2011 at 11:06pm Jonathan Spencer wrote:
it seems a year of siblings which means many intake classes have been filled by the siblings of those already at a school. I know people that got their third choice school, even though living closer to a first choice.
The reality is that lewes is blessed with good schools and the more you can be involved with your childs school and put something in the more the school improves, which ever school your child ends up at...
Every school will have its critics and those that praise it.
I have 3 kids and each went or is going to a different primary school in Lewes, all good in their own way.

On 15 Apr 2011 at 7:56am Billy Goat Gruff wrote:
Wallands and Western Rd are the only non church, primary schools in Lewes.

On 19 Apr 2011 at 8:40am Brussel sprout wrote:
Thanks you for all of your responses.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

commercial square badge 30:132
commercial square badge

Polly as most of the responses don't seem to provide a complete answer to your question I can provide my experiences of the Lewes... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington