Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Where is open late???

On 7 Jul 2009 at 8:19pm Earlygreylady wrote:
Hi all,
I've recently moved to Lewes and am getting to know and love the town. We live down near the station. Can anyone tell me any convenience/spa shops/corner shops/off licenses in the town centre with late opening hours? (ie - after 8ish). I know there is the big tescos (and its garage) but wondered if there is anywhere else for those times when I suddenly realise I've forgotten to get something in (which when you're as disorganised as me, is quite often!)
Many thanks :-)

On 7 Jul 2009 at 8:27pm Sam Spam wrote:
there's a little shop opposite the station - that may be your closest shop. Lots of little shops have closed over the last year or two.

On 7 Jul 2009 at 8:54pm Welcome wrote:
Now you know how I felt when I moved in that flat in London which had no hot water in the bathroom. You should never assume and take everything for granted. By the way, your TV and aerial are not broken. Lewes only has four channels. I know more than one Ousedale resident whom has taken off and checked the aerial installation in disbelieve. Nice town though and love it.

On 7 Jul 2009 at 9:23pm Shopper wrote:
I know it is a bit of a trek for you,and you don't say if you drive or not,but up on the Nevill Estate there is a convenience store open until 9.00 every night.Godsend on a Sunday when both Waitrose and Tescos both shut early.Think there is also one in Landport that probably opens late too.
Welcome to Lewes!

On 7 Jul 2009 at 10:38pm Earlygreylady wrote:
Ah, thanks Shopper .. that's handy to know. I always get caught out on Sunday eve when I realise I've failed to think about food to give my son the next day!
x

On 7 Jul 2009 at 10:40pm Earlygreylady wrote:
I shall investigate the station shop thanks :-)

On 8 Jul 2009 at 1:32am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I don't know the opening hours, but both St Pancras Stores and the shop in Leicester Road strike me as shops that might well be open late (although the St Pancaras shop observes lunchtime closures, which is rather quaint).

On 8 Jul 2009 at 8:53am Shopper wrote:
Leicester Road shop shuts at 7.00 every day except Wednesday and Saturday when it shuts at 7.30 due to the lottery. They shut at 1.00 on a Sunday and shut for lunch from 1.00-2.00,Mon-Fri. Don't know about St Pancras store...

On 8 Jul 2009 at 9:36am Mystic Mog wrote:
May's General Store is often open weekday nights till 8 and sells great beer and wine.

On 8 Jul 2009 at 9:54am Ed Can Do wrote:
The Esso garage up the hill from Tesco sells wine and beer too and is, I believe, the latest opening off-licence in town.

I think the St Pancras stores stopped opening lunch times when Priory re-located the lower school into the new building. Certainly we used to get sweets from there at lunch time when I was at lower school, granted that was 18 years ago now though.

On 8 Jul 2009 at 1:43pm LTLR wrote:
There is a Shop at the end of Winterbourne Lane Southover which open 7x days a week, also the shop at malling open 7 x days a week.

On 8 Jul 2009 at 3:03pm Decent Citizen wrote:
opposite the station opens till late.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

waterloo badge 128:132
waterloo badge

Im sure one of your conspiracy theories will come true, and despite all of them probably being bogus nonsense, that one bullseye... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine