Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Where have the wooden skate ramps gone?

On 9 May 2017 at 9:47pm Just a wondering? wrote:
Does anyone know where all the wooden skate ramps from the Skatehouse have gone?
Not to drag up the past, yet to say, some folks put a lot graft into that project and are wondering what happened?
built by the community, funded by the community & seem to have vanished from the community
So some of us are going find out where their have gone, we have our suspicions? Anything to add..
On 9 May 2017 at 10:06pm Just wondering wrote:
First reply
I'm guessing there all in a lock up with the other stuff to be used for the next place?
On 10 May 2017 at 8:13am Ian Freeyourmindandgetonwithyourlife wrote:
Why don't you ask the people who shut the place down rather than making hidden accusations. Also we have a brand new skatepark opening next week, why bring this up now?
On 10 May 2017 at 6:16pm Skater boy wrote:
The community who built and funded it knew that it was temporary. That was their choice. Maybe they've been relocated elsewhere or maybe somebody sold them and made a few quid. Does it matter?

On 13 May 2017 at 8:59pm Jake wrote:
The Skatepark was privately owned. The skatepark will re-open in a purpose built building on Denton Island in Newhaven. I don't think it will be for a few months at least though. I doubt they'll re-build the same ramps though.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mount Caburn 92:132
Mount Caburn

She’s going to have to get there early and park on the outskirts
And still pee off the local residents
There’s no cheap... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams