Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Where do the traffic wardens start their day?

On 26 Jul 2010 at 11:55pm Larry wrote:
I'm curious - does anyone know where the traffic wardens begin? Are they dropped off by minibus someplace or do they just wander in from wherever?
On 27 Jul 2010 at 12:19pm TAFKAPS wrote:
Actually they start from behind the Funeral Directors opposite Cuilfail Tunnel @ 8am

On 27 Jul 2010 at 12:48pm windows wrote:
Yer that's where the Hive is, then at 8am they start flying out in a blue mist that spreads across the town.

On 27 Jul 2010 at 12:59pm Down and Out wrote:
I'd always assumed it was like that scene from Jason and The Argonauts, where the bloke drops the dragon's teeth on the ground and a skeleton army pops up; so some magician from NCP wanders round the car parks early in the mornings and scatters little pencil ends, then they all spring into action.

On 27 Jul 2010 at 6:55pm juju wrote:
If the wardens start at 8am from their headquaarters how come they are down on Landport issueing tickets at 7am?

On 28 Jul 2010 at 12:19am Larry wrote:
Tafkaps - thanks for that!

On 28 Jul 2010 at 1:12pm Keely wrote:
Their start times are normally 8 or 9, depending on which shift they're on. However, they do start earlier occasionally, sometimes as early as 5am to enforce double yellow lines (which are enforceable 24/7)

On 2 Aug 2010 at 3:12pm Roadkill wrote:
I can tell you where they don't start their day - on our street. A car was parked on double yellows and another joined it for a few hours whilst it's owner went shopping on St Nicholas Lane, it was moved sometime after 2pm. Lucky. If that was me I'd get a ticket for sure. I have seen them around before 8am, not so often though.

On 2 Aug 2010 at 11:00pm parking meter wrote:
From under the stone they crawled beneath the night before

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes penny 77:143
lewes penny

Probably. Lock your doors. more