Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Whens the next farmers market

On 12 Jan 2006 at 11:51am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Went to the farmers market last weekend and thought it was v good. How often is it on? When's the next one?
PhilX

On 12 Jan 2006 at 4:11pm me wrote:
It the first saturday of every month

On 12 Jan 2006 at 4:24pm Chav wrote:
yeah you don't get that class of market in Seaford do ya Phil?

On 14 Jan 2006 at 3:16pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Thanx "Me" I'll be there.
No "Chav" mate you don't get that class of market in Seaford... which is a pity cos at least you could stop and park.
lol
PhilX

On 14 Jan 2006 at 4:19pm me wrote:
I hate to say it PhilX but i have noticed the red menace increasing in frequency in and around seaford. Although they still have to work in fours. P.S i have also noticed PA29 in seaford so be warned, Jabba the hutts twin sister is bearing down on the residents of seaford. Run for the hills !

On 14 Jan 2006 at 10:18pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Blimey me, I thought I was the cruel one.

On 18 Jan 2006 at 12:12pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
"Me"...
Noted your comments about the increase in the red menace about Seaford. Have to agree with you, there are more of them. Maybe they have to expand their area as their takings are down in Lewes. Must be expensive paying 4 uniformed guys to walk and stalk the streets all day long.
IMHO they'd do far better in Hove.
lol
Saw on the news that they now have funds for the Lewes Flood Defenses.
Mops and buckets to be issued to all those unfortunates that live in the flood area (to be opened in emergencies only please)
PhilX

On 18 Jan 2006 at 12:21pm me wrote:
"mops and buckets" Thats only for the londoners. Us locals have been offered large recycled sponges.

On 18 Jan 2006 at 12:29pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
The mops and buckets are only for those souls that either paid their coucil taxes or are employed by or have friends or family employed by ESCC.
My mistake.
Apologies.
PhilX
lol

On 18 Jan 2006 at 12:29pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
The mops and buckets are only for those souls that either paid their coucil taxes or are employed by or have friends or family employed by ESCC.
My mistake.
Apologies.
PhilX
lol

On 20 Jan 2006 at 5:01pm cocoa butter wrote:
Can I buy a farmer at the farmers market?

On 21 Jan 2006 at 2:38pm Mark Rolfe wrote:
To use your quote cocoa butter"What are you on about"

On 26 Jan 2006 at 11:08pm lewestrousers wrote:
Sometimes I like it ...get a few cheese straws a loaf of good bread andfsome delicious apple juice and watch the chattering classes at pay and (dis)play and .....sometimes its a bit poncey, all organic stripped pine scatter cushions and people shouting loudly "jemima, how lovely to see you" and "isn't little tarquin growing up" or something similar.

On 27 Jan 2006 at 10:04am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Odd that!
After a year out of town I noticed the same as you. Wannabee upper classes maybe?
lol
Thought the bread place was good and yes the cheese straws are tasty.
Sausages were very very good, should have bought more. Unlike those to be found at Tesco's they seem to be made out of meat.
Thought Waitrose demanding a minimum spend of 10 to use their car park was a bit much... that was until I went into the store. Jaysus... not suprised it was nearly empty.
What with all the parking charges plus the cost of stores like that I dunno how you lot manage to afford to live there.
Affluent I guess or for some is it effluent?
Spelins not me forte.
lol
PhilX

On 28 Jan 2006 at 10:38pm lopster wrote:
the whole Waitrose thing is the final straw in competitive supermarkets in Lewes - the flood sent Icelend packing Mr Morrison in his asset stripping lost us Safeways (both offering reasonably priced goods) - how many Morrisons are left now in the South most seem to be Somerfields or closed - apart from Organic Perrier drinking American Express waiving users no one in Lewes can afford Waitrose (tenner for the car park - bollox) - se we have 24h Tescos - who only have 10 hour staff - never enough checkouts open - shelves always empty - or blocked by metal cages of empty cardboard boxes - so off we drive to Asda or Sainsbury - the death of yet another town centre - can't park anywhere - the smaller shops'll fold and be turned into houses for the ever expanding number of merchant bankers commuting to London - bitter - me!

On 29 Jan 2006 at 2:45pm Mark Rolfe wrote:
Tesco hasn't been 24 hour for quite awhile now

On 29 Jan 2006 at 3:13pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Yes I honestly found Waitrose v.v. expensive and I feel sorry for any of the older carless residents that can't get to Tescos.
Not wishing to rub salt into the wound(ok just a bit) but... we have a Morrisons in Seaford!
lol
PhilX

On 29 Jan 2006 at 3:13pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Yes I honestly found Waitrose v.v. expensive and I feel sorry for any of the older carless residents that can't get to Tescos.
Not wishing to rub salt into the wound(ok just a bit) but... we have a Morrisons in Seaford!
lol
PhilX

On 29 Jan 2006 at 8:08pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Yes Phil, you enjoyed that so much you had to say it twice, didn't ya!

On 29 Jan 2006 at 8:22pm inside info wrote:
i thought it was and has been for a while.

On 29 Jan 2006 at 8:42pm inside info wrote:
i'm from seaford and morrisons is great.
waitrose is bloody expensive and you wouldnt find me in there.

On 30 Jan 2006 at 11:09am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Seafords not all sweetness and light TF.
The locals somehow recognise me as foreign and while an array of zimmers blocks the exits others wave sticks and aim their battery invalid scooters at me.
Hostile buggers.
PhilX

On 6 Mar 2006 at 6:50am wannabe wrote:
guys you lot live in hese places an you are bagging them, i know for a fact that they are all massively chav to such an extent that i think reebok are going to open stores in all of them and are bringing out a spectacular pair of classics made solely out of burberry material (sorry if the spelling is wrong i just dont care about it!!!). classy!!!

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

@ar10642 you seem to have your knickers in a bit of a twist. Upset because the country voted in a Conservative government (which... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo
Brighton Jobs