Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

When were we consulted

On 19 Jul 2013 at 9:17pm Malling Brook wrote:
As a resident of Malling for the last thirty years I am disgusted that all parking has been suspended in Church lane. Further who the hell was consulted about turning Malling brooks into a car park for the weekend.
Lewes residents get treated badly regarding parking all year round yet four hippies hold a 'festival' and LDC and ESCC become a law unto themselves.
On 19 Jul 2013 at 9:36pm Old Malling wrote:
Don't you have anything more important to worry about? It's a field and a few parking spaces. chill out, have a glass of wine and enjoy life.
On 19 Jul 2013 at 9:43pm priory ward resident wrote:
People like old malling just dont get it !!!
On 19 Jul 2013 at 9:56pm Xplorer1 wrote:
And tell me, Malling Brook, what would you have said if you were consulted?
On 19 Jul 2013 at 9:58pm anne wrote:
nobody was consulted, am now heartily sick of the endless thumping of drums , cars parked in the brooks in lewes and campers , somebody making a lot of money out of it. thought bonfire night was bad enough now we have to suffer this, please don't let there be any fireworks
On 19 Jul 2013 at 10:08pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Should be ok for the travelling community to use this open space in the near future.
On 19 Jul 2013 at 10:12pm amy wrote:
its for two days, stop complaining,
On 19 Jul 2013 at 10:28pm Dog in a Cape. wrote:
Don't you think David Cameron has got really fat recently?
Been scoffing on the poor again..

On 20 Jul 2013 at 6:28am Roly Mo wrote:
Other than the parking, which seems to be suspended along Church Lane quite a lot for roadworks, how does the use of Malling Brooks really affect you?
On 20 Jul 2013 at 10:33am Fairenough wrote:
the point of a consultation is to come up with a fair compromise that takes everyones views on board. There wasn't one, so the people who like the festival are not in a good position to poor scorn on those who are less pleased. I can cope with being kept awake by roving packs of students until 5AM, (loads meandering to and from Malling, in case you didn't realise) and not being able to park anywhere, but it is very annoying when you haven't even been asked.
On 20 Jul 2013 at 6:02pm Spamalot wrote:
If you don't get it you don't get the town.
On 21 Jul 2013 at 8:09am Driver wrote:
Get a life. Move to a house with a garage or driveway.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 123:132
The Swan penny

Funnily enough I haven't spoken to the fossil fuel industry, or they to me. Your personal remarks about my sanity are becoming as... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine