Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What's wrong with the railways?

On 14 Jun 2016 at 9:05am Clifford wrote:
'The barons who run our rail services tout themselves as “investors”, but for every quid they put into their trains, they take out £2.47. That level of underinvestment ensures commuters are never sure of getting in on time and having a seat – but shareholders and managers can make a fortune.'

Check it out here »
On 14 Jun 2016 at 11:52am Mark wrote:
What a superb column, Clifford. It sums up the new British klepotracy beautifully. It whisks me right back to the days of John Major and all of idiotic, mindless soundbites. Harking romantically back to days of the marvellous Victorian railway companies which had such grand-sounding, evocative names... The Great Western Railway...etc...etc... It was all so stirring. And know that's what we've got - rail owners who are in monopoly positions - and I hope that John Major feels a bit silly.

On 14 Jun 2016 at 12:08pm GoM wrote:
Just rejoice and be thankful I'm not still alive.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 5:10pm Black Sheep Productions wrote:
As trains are cancelled and the overflow of people are crammed into trains they should do away with first class as a temporary measure to create more use of the space on trains.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 6:04pm endoftheouse wrote:
Even our PM had trouble travelling to Haywards Heath yesterday. Too many Leaves on the track.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 6:33pm Clifford wrote:
Black Sheep - they do. The guard announces it.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 8:51pm Belladonna wrote:
Just sit in first class anyway on a crowded train. The guards can't get through the carriages to check tickets and would face a revolt if they started to try and enforce the class distinction.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes railway land 76:132
lewes railway land

Yes in some cities they have now tow trucks for the emergency purpose is roads are blocked but you still need tow service from... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell