Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What's with this new headteacher at Western Road?

On 6 Mar 2015 at 9:06pm Surprised wrote:
Does anyone actually like him and what he's turning the school into?? Wonder what the governors were thinking...
On 6 Mar 2015 at 9:34pm Kraftyken wrote:
You may as well expand, or are you just trolling?
On 7 Mar 2015 at 9:43am mrs.F wrote:
what do you mean? what has he actually done? how long has he been there?
On 8 Mar 2015 at 6:47pm James Wade wrote:
Having put Western Road down as our third choice of schools for my daughter i'd appreciate some further details/opinions. Is this a personal opinion or feeling? Or has the man done or said things to have offend you in some way?
On 9 Mar 2015 at 7:27am Mrs.F wrote:
I am not aware of any current issues at WR, from past experience of the school i can safely say i felt it a great place for my children to learn and grow up.
On 9 Mar 2015 at 12:59pm Parent wrote:
Well, he's put down some strong boundaries between parents and teachers; given the headmaster position a bit of respect it didn't have before; rebuffed the daily pleadings of modern parents fussing about nonsense to allow teachers to get on with their job; eradicated the worst of the bullying that was going on in year 6; taught some of the disruptive children that yes, there can be consequences for bad behaviour (none of them were worried about being sent to Gary); sorted out the parking chaos; generally been a leader.
I am not a huge fan of him personally, but professionally he does a great job and I'm glad to have my boys there.
On 9 Mar 2015 at 9:06pm Western Road parent wrote:
We think the new head is great, sorting out the things that need sorting out yet retaining the lovely, warm atmosphere of western Road. Our kids are thriving there and we are very happy. Best school in Lewes!
On 10 Mar 2015 at 6:23pm WR Parent wrote:
Some parents have removed their kids from this school because they didn't like the new head.......BUT most of them were a pain in the backside along with their pain in the backside kids so it's happy days now. Great school, great feeling. Yes Mr G does look a bit stern, but hes actually a very kind and caring gentle man. Very Happy.

On 13 Mar 2015 at 6:50pm G Raff wrote:
My family were happy at Western Road, but now.. well, for one thing we have constant complaints from my daughter, about tummy aches, starting at the beginning of each week which I now know is because she is scared stiff of the singing assembly with the headteacher. He is fierce, and pushes them hard. This may be ok for some but I fear she's being put off something she loved because of the hardened approach of this strict new regime. Don't ask whether I have spoken to the head, he really doesn't like people questioning him. Lately I've seen more people in tears in the school (and I'm not talking about the children) than in all the ten years I have been connected with it!!! It's a real shame.

On 13 Mar 2015 at 8:17pm wrote:

On 5 May 2015 at 12:31pm Western Road paren wrote:
I was kind of agreeing with some other WR parents above, about the hard work the head has put into the school... but now he is leaving the school!!
Hopefully for good. I am sure lots of parents are feeling happier about this, but what about all the changes he has introduced? what for if he was only going to stay in the job for a while?
He should have never got the job on the grounds that he was not going to stay for long. Was he not asked about future plans at his interview?
Really feeling totally disappointed.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Lewes 49:132
Keere Street Lewes

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde