Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What shop in Lewes has the rudest staff?

On 31 Jul 2008 at 3:15pm Toenail wrote:
Loads of forum readers hate Bills but the staff are very good, the same goes for Wickle and Harveys Brewery shop. In my humble opinion the award to rudest most miseable staff (and even owner) would have to be ............ (drum roll) Hillary Moores the florist. I know everyone has a bad day but I've never had a good experience here. For an even balance an award for great staff would be the Library.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 3:30pm Taff wrote:
The day my daughter got married i broke my buttonhole and popped in there for a safety pin, they didnt have one so i made do with a pin but the shop assistant had to ask the boss for the price!
dont know about rude assistants too much as i try my hardest to stay out of as many shops as i can, not for any other reason than i dislike shops, those that do not sell motocycle parts anyway.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 4:34pm juju wrote:
is that the florist near the Bottle neck?

On 31 Jul 2008 at 5:05pm toenail wrote:
yep - what horror story have you got?

On 31 Jul 2008 at 6:02pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
My wife say that the library staff are generally really nice and helpful, but that there are one or two 'old bags' who are incredibly rude.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 6:05pm Lewesianne wrote:
The large lady in Fourboys!

On 31 Jul 2008 at 6:15pm Doink the clown wrote:
Maybe you should send them flowers to brighten up their day!! Failing that, I will go in there with my clown suit on and tell them to sniff my flower... when they bend down to sniff, they will get a good squirting!!! He he he ho ho ho ha ha ha!!
HONK HONK!!!

On 31 Jul 2008 at 6:38pm lewes person wrote:
The lady in foreboys is very nice, i find her to be very chatty and pleasant when i go in there

On 31 Jul 2008 at 7:07pm Lewes Larry wrote:
me too

On 31 Jul 2008 at 7:39pm juju wrote:
em, When my mother died we ordered all the flowers from there the grandaughters my girls ordered special flowers, all girl and child like, guess what they forgot to do them, so my girls are at the crematorium looking for the special flowers, after the wake at the dorset we went up to ask what had happened, they offered to take them up then, what for, the next person. we made them refund us and send the girls a basket of flowers. Doesn't change the fact that the memory of that day is that they where the only grandchildren with no flowers and no special card to show to all the family how they felt about grandma.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 8:02pm MK wrote:
Yep, Hilary Moore definately the worst staff in Lewes, went in there to discuss wedding flowers and they made it clear they really didn't give a sh@t! So we took our custom to the place in the riverside, great staff, very helpful.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 8:08pm Lewesianne wrote:
The lady from Fourboys may be nice but she was really rude to me in front of several customers in the queue behind me. All I did was querie the misleading 'buy 2 for 150' drinks but mine wasnt included. All the usual drinks, Pepsie, Fanta.... loads were listed as included in the deal but when I took my 2 bottles of Coke up there and queried the price, she huffed really grumpily and then barked that they wern't in the deal. Then she got all huffy cos I said I only wanted 1 and she had to adjust the till. I was so humiliated and felt like a told off child but noticed the raised eyebrows of the people in the queue. No need for all that really.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 8:38pm sashka wrote:
the woman in Fourbouys is perfectly nice. leave her alone!

On 31 Jul 2008 at 8:54pm Lewesianne wrote:
Easy Tiger, Sorry if I have offended you or anyone else.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 9:23pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
If you want rude come to Ringmer. For rudeness,it would be a toss up between the chemist, the bakers, the grocers and Forbouys. The only pleasant staff are those who work in the butchers.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 9:54pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Well, I hope you learnt your lesson and will not do it again!

On 31 Jul 2008 at 10:31pm localgirl wrote:
Its without doubt the chemist that wins in Ringmer!

On 31 Jul 2008 at 10:36pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
I can understand them being miserable and rude in the chemists-they are surrounded by ill people, but the bakers??????? I would be overjoyed and would be skipping to work if it involved cakes.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 11:36pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
The owner of the Nevill paki shop used to take some beating, although he's mellowed in recent years.

On 1 Aug 2008 at 6:54am me wrote:
I would agree about the bakers in ringmer.

On 1 Aug 2008 at 8:14am Taff wrote:
......things go better with coca cola.............!
You can respond you know, with or without an audience.

On 1 Aug 2008 at 9:40am Spartacus wrote:
My vote goes to the fella that works behind the till at Winterbourne Stores on Saturdays... he might work there more often but I only go in on Saturdays. If you can get him to make eye contact, smile, put your change directly in your hand rather than leave in on the counter or say anything. ANYTHING!... your a better man than me.

On 1 Aug 2008 at 11:20am Lewesianne wrote:
The Tooth Fairy. Hmmmm, why would you know about him in Neville when you don't live here? Now I'm baffled and don't know if you're the person I think you are! Bimbo, help me out here. Is he short?

On 1 Aug 2008 at 11:23am Lewesianne wrote:
And I think 'Corner Shop' is what you meant to say, wasn't it??

On 1 Aug 2008 at 2:15pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
The person I was thinking of has completely denied it . I didn't believe him but Tooth Fairy posted last night, and I know the person went out, so we'll have to have a re-think. Lets look at the evidence-knows both of us, knows Nevill stores, knows you well enough to know your middle name........ We might be wrong in assuming it is a man. Could be his sister???????

On 1 Aug 2008 at 5:47pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The younger of the men in there moans if you give him a note bigger than a fiver for a sale of less than about 4.99, AND if you give him the right, or almost right, money and it involves too many coins! I'm told he supports Crystal Palace, this may account for his surliness.
One of the ladies is even worse though. She talks on the phone and just holds her hand out for your money, while ignoring you in every other respect. When she's not on the phone, she still just holds her hand out for your money while ignoring you in every other respect! I used to think she didn't speak English, but she does.
My friend's daughter boycotted the shop after she accidentally dropped a tub of cream in there. The woman gave her a j-cloth to clean it up, then expected her to pay for the cream AND the j-cloth!
The lady with glasses, the older man and the younger generation are all very pleasant, friendly and polite though.

On 1 Aug 2008 at 8:34pm Lewesianne wrote:
You could be right!!!! However, you said he went out last night so he couldn't have posted but I know he would be sad enough to maybe do it from his mobile!!! Bless him. Are you coming tomorrow night?

On 1 Aug 2008 at 8:34pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
No, as it's not on a corner. Paki shop is a shop run by a paki, plain and simple. Maybe I'm wrong about you Lewesianne, I would have thought you could spell Nevill(e) if you live there. Maybe you don't, maybe I'm a short bloke with a new motorcycle, maybe I'm the bald bloke that lives with you. Maybe you might find out one day.

On 1 Aug 2008 at 9:14pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
No, sorry. Have fun though. Let me know on Facebook who they all are.

On 2 Aug 2008 at 12:31am Smiler wrote:
The only word I can think of is sabotage.

On 2 Aug 2008 at 11:53am Lewesianne wrote:
I have short term memory loss and can never remember how to spell Nevil !! I know it's you! I just know it but I bet you havn't got the balls to turn up tonight!!!!

On 2 Aug 2008 at 12:40pm Lewesianne wrote:
The Tooth Fairy. You have just shot yourself in the foot by saying you could be the bloke with the NEW bike. The only reference I made to the bike thing was 'Easy Rider'.
On the other hand, i'm thinking it could be the guy with a white van and a big plunger!! Now that would be clever on your part.

On 2 Aug 2008 at 3:21pm rene wrote:
My opinion on rude people is the guy down at landport stores not sunny but the other fella rude or what!!

On 2 Aug 2008 at 5:27pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
I could be many people, I could even be a 'guy'

On 2 Aug 2008 at 7:12pm Lewesianne wrote:
Yeah, right!! Now you're getting desperate!

On 2 Aug 2008 at 7:51pm Doink the clown wrote:
what...

On 2 Aug 2008 at 9:56pm LP wrote:
Do you mean Mr Patel and if so you are so wrong. He has to be one of the sweetest shop keepers around, also his brother sonny. All i can say is you must have upset him.

On 2 Aug 2008 at 10:01pm zola. wrote:
No LP.It isn't Raj.I think it is someone else...Raj is good!

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

The Potting Shed Lewes 132:143
The Potting Shed Lewes

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy