Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What is your favourite Lewes shop?

On 29 Apr 2016 at 3:22pm Dixie Normus wrote:
I am bored of political nonsense, it is arguments never won on a forum so lets have some Friday fun -
Mine is Lewes Golf Club Pro Shop - I rarely play anymore, but the shop gives me fond memories.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 3:31pm Smiler wrote:
Mine is now the Post Office, I've just been in there for some travel cash and the two ladies I dealt with Lynne and Giorgia were just fantastic, really helpful and lovely people.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 4:00pm Chap wrote:
I have always been treated well in the Post office and always with a smile. Barclays yesterday, an assistant was very helpful and when I said so, she beamed all over. Matt Woodruff also very pleasant.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 4:19pm Lewes Resident wrote:
Leadbetter and Goode (think that is correct spelling!) gift shop at end of Cliffe. Lovely things for special presents. And the Flea market!
On 29 Apr 2016 at 5:16pm Helmet wrote:
Lidl
On 29 Apr 2016 at 5:25pm Mme B wrote:
Where is Lidl please? I thought we only had Aldi.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 6:05pm Pat wrote:
I would agree the Post Office has my vote too..
On 29 Apr 2016 at 7:15pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
St Annes Pharmacy. The staff in there are so kind, cheerful and helpful, they make you feel better before you've taken the tablets. The pharmacist gives excellent advice too.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 7:31pm Johnny Vinyl wrote:
Wenban-Smith.
A timber yard can be a bit intimidating for a non-master-carpenter.
The staff have been fantastic, really helpful in guiding us through
what we need to build stud walls. fencing panels, (home made) etc.
They are friendly, and completely non-judgemental, to non-professionals, like us, and I thoroughly recommend them.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 7:38pm Geoff Paddle wrote:
Charcoal Grill. Beautiful food and a romantic place to take the wife out and give her an airing.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 7:41pm Historian wrote:
Geoff , you forgot food poisoning !
On 29 Apr 2016 at 8:09pm Geoff Paddle wrote:
Having a 0 or 1 stars just means you didn't give the Environmental Health Officer lunch and an envelope!
On 29 Apr 2016 at 8:20pm fifi wrote:
Percys Fishing Tackle in Cliffe - bought something in there that I couldn't get at Earnest Doe or The Outdoor Shop !
On 29 Apr 2016 at 8:47pm Ben wrote:
Wouldn't you just die without Closet and Botts, simply first class.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 9:24pm Celine wrote:
I have to admit that the 2 times I've been in Closet and Botts I've wanted to have a shower afterwards. Everything seems so grubby. But perhaps that's the point.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 11:16pm Clifford wrote:
Dixie Normus wrote: 'I am bored of political nonsense...'

And I'm bored with 'bored of'. It's bored with. I put bored of in the same box as 'How are you? - I'm good, yeh'. 'Can I get a coffee?'
On 30 Apr 2016 at 12:47am Earl of Lewes wrote:
@Clifford - Yes, the "I'm good thanks" really annoys me, but everyone seems to be doing it now so I've learned to bite my tongue. However, what's even more annoying is the way lots of people now begin their sentences with 'So'. It spread like a virus around three years ago. Very odd.
On 30 Apr 2016 at 5:41am Mr Bean wrote:
There were a few shops in my youth I remember as favourites:
Laceys of Lewes (Toy Shop)
Douglas Fryer ( model trains etc)
and the Gourmet (delicatessen)
Happy Days....
On 30 Apr 2016 at 7:54am Sussex Jim wrote:
Screwfix. The staff are always welcoming and eager to serve- and always offer a coffee while waiting. Plus there is the facility to check stock online before visiting.
On 30 Apr 2016 at 8:40am Chap wrote:
Tell me, does anyone ever use Beckworths the deli? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but it always looks very tired and empty.
On 30 Apr 2016 at 8:47am Another B and B lady wrote:
So, Earl of Lewes, how true. 'So' at the beginning of every answer given on radio interviews has indeed spread like a virus. It has actually begun to replace 'basically'!
On 30 Apr 2016 at 9:25am Norris nantuck wrote:
I love the antiques shop next to real eating company,whenever I'm bored with life, I like to go in there and chat with the delightful elderly lady, always ends well
On 30 Apr 2016 at 10:34am Mr Ben wrote:
So,, as if by magic an old shop keeper appears , The record bar , then to see Doris for a milk shake quick look to see what's on at the flicks , then pick up my glossy scalextric mag in number 8 great sat afternoon Can translate for DFL's if requested
On 30 Apr 2016 at 10:55am The Old Mayor wrote:
Argos, it's like playing bingo and you always win a prize !!
On 30 Apr 2016 at 7:46pm Mr Bean wrote:
Oops, forgot the Record Bar and the Polar Bear. ( was probably shopping with mum at Mac fisheries further up the high street!)
On 1 May 2016 at 9:46am Freddie's Grubb wrote:
David Smith the jewellers...had a ring made. The staff couldn't have been nicer and really friendly. Thumbs up from me
On 1 May 2016 at 10:32am Earth and skiddy wrote:
Goes with closet and bots
On 1 May 2016 at 10:51am Grassy @rse wrote:
Lewes Estates. Lots of bargains for DFL's

On 4 May 2016 at 1:31pm Mac the knife wrote:
Mc fisheries , marshes the butchers , Lenny cramps , fludes carpets Timothy whites

8 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cameron and Porky 18:143
Cameron and Porky

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine