Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What does LDC spend our money on?

On 13 Oct 2010 at 8:14pm Clifford wrote:
There is some interesting information on Lewes DC's payments on a month by month basis on their website: h**p://www.lewes.gov.uk/council/18118.asp

On 13 Oct 2010 at 9:48pm Roly Mo wrote:
What's your point?

On 14 Oct 2010 at 10:20am Clifford wrote:
The point could be that it's interesting to see what the council spends money on and it's a good step forward that this information is now so readily available.

On 14 Oct 2010 at 11:06am Down and Out wrote:
Sort of interesting but not that useful, since there's no real analysis of where money is going and why. Given the size of LDC I was surprised by how much is going on small (I use that word advisedly) construction contracts, presumably for housing repairs etc, in the one month I looked at.
It's inevitable that small builders will look on these term contracts as a cash cow, and that the council does not have the time or resources to get each job competitively priced. I don't really know what the answer is.

On 14 Oct 2010 at 12:52pm sashimi wrote:
The information is interesting. It would be even more so if you could click through to the invoice to see what it was that was being paid for. LDC have an extremely efficient finance department. See h**p://www.lewes.gov.uk/Files/fin_serv_medium_term_financial_strategy_2010_refresh.pdf. They have been so tightly squeezed by contracting government grant that they are probably fairly efficient purchasers of regular services like housing repairs.

On 14 Oct 2010 at 5:51pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
Sashimi, I agree, it would be good to see the invoice. Unfortunately, even the people that work there have to go and look at the paper copy as only a small amount are scanned.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015

Wish I was younger so I could leave you all to it. Boris represents everything I hate, and I guess by extension the UK now does... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams