Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What a slap in the face...

On 24 Jun 2016 at 4:46am Clifford wrote:
... to 'the markets', the banks, the financial institutions, the big corporations... all the people who took us into the 2008 crisis. Now they'll try to get their revenge.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 5:00am Bert wrote:
Here comes the recession. Pound at a 31 year low as investment crumbles. Putin, the only world leader who wanted Brexit, has achieved his aim of a weaker more vulnerable Britain without firing a shot.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 5:02am Zebedee wrote:
Markets will try to get their revenge? What clap trap. Since when was a market sentient?

Today the UK committed financial suicide. It's going to be a bumpy ride. I hope you are well insulated. Time to hang on tight.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 5:03am Clifford wrote:
The recession was on its way regardless of the result. All the pre-2008 conditions are there.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 5:04am Clifford wrote:
Zebedee - we're constantly told we've got to do what 'the markets' want. 'The markets' operate in the interests of the owners of the economy, not the people. Now we're going to see demands all over the EU for referendums.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 5:15am Bert wrote:
Not a recession like this Clifford. Prices are about to go up everywhere as imports will cost more. Wages won't go up and the inflation will be a killer. You may be wealthy enough to afford that. Many in the country won't be.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 5:16am Aaron the contrarian wrote:
Now it's getting interesting .... if you had some anti fragility in your life you would get it it. Could be some social upheaval as well,good job we all got rid of our debt and live within our means..................what...
On 24 Jun 2016 at 5:18am Shaggy wrote:
Whaaaagh...........were all gonna die !
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:07am Calm the feck down wrote:
Firstly HA HA HA to bremain, it couldn't of happened to a more vindictive bunch of A*holes you get what you deserve (dragged out of Euro by the MAJORITY). Second ly markets are sentient because the people buying and selling (ie the market) are sentient. Third get a frigging grip.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:16am Historian wrote:
At last we can say
BUY BRITISH and
KEEP BRITAIN TIDY
Looking forward to some New Zealand Lamb and butter again too.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:19am About Time wrote:
To the likes of Jeff and co who liked putting up "remain" images n the forum, here's one more for your collection....

Check it out here »
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:20am Bert wrote:
Project Fear's Nigel Farage said this much of a close result for Remain would trigger another referendum. Bet he changes his tune now...
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:40am Inigo wrote:
Bert have you forgotten that we will no longer impose the common external tariff so imports from the rest of the world should be cheaper. Btw, the referendum is over so you can stop trying to scare people now. It didnt work anyway.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:45am PN wrote:
Well thanks for that morons and now look what you have done, the pound is already down twice what it was on black Wednesday but the initial disaster is nothing.
I feel so sorry for all the people this will hurt and I don`t know if I can stand to listen to the cretins and their excuses
Anyway got my own problems to solve .
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:46am Jones wrote:
To Aaron - I have always had no debt (except mortgage- now long gone) and lived within my means. Kind regards, Davey.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 6:53am Get Real wrote:
Didn't think it would take long before PN threw his toys out of the pram....
No doubt we will have to put up with his post election tantrums for a while.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:04am pn wrote:
REFERENDUM.
I`m too busy but I shall not be supporting Ms Caulfield for re-elections and I plan to join the Liberal Party. I simply cannot be associated with the brain dead buffoons of the Nation much as I pity Osbourne and the few decent Conservatives left.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:11am big dick wrote:
Well thank you Tony Blair And Dave Camerom . ILLERAL ( IMMIGRANT )

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:20am Inigo wrote:
Haha, typical remain snobbery. Label those you disagree with as brain dead. Perhaps get your spelling right first though. Democrats and the have nots voted leave. Money grubbers voted remain.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:20am Redballs wrote:
Good luck to you Paul but do try to be positive. Democracy is above party politics.
This result shows that as Britain's we should be proud of the people, that they won't be pushed around that they won't be bullied, it also shows the difference between the haves and have nots.
Have patience things can only get better.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:21am @bert wrote:
Except for London England was pretty much 60% 40% not sure how you call that close.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:34am Time to leave.... wrote:
And Scotland voted by a huge majority to say in, so bye bye UK.

And the UK is about to lose its triple A credit rating so our huge debt is going to get a lot more expensive. I hope you lot are ready to cough up.

BTW Leave won by 4%. That's reasonably close.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:41am Shaggy wrote:
Well let the liberals know you're coming Paul so they can get some biscuits in.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 7:52am Jerry wrote:
Feel nostalgic for the 1970s. No need to be as they're back again
On 24 Jun 2016 at 8:00am pn wrote:
Pressure on prices already which is going to have to mean debt or interest rate rises . Meanwhile we bask in the congratulations of Fascists across Europe.
I don`t think we will get another Soros they will just suspend trading .
Watch out for news on whether pass-porting can be retained into EU markets , if not you can kiss goodbye to London`s banking position which is already shifting .
Cameron has been offered a job fronting the new far right cretinocracy, he may feel he should stay and salvage what he can or he may go.
Scotland is going to be off the moment the cuts kick in.
As I say there will be the initial hit but thats nothing to the slow bleed over the next few years .
Everyone responsible for this should be noted and remembered top be fair to the morons most of them never asked to be asked. They think they are voting for X factor .
Well Maria Caulfield , you are going to suffer for this you dim-witted ugly blob in a lampshade.

On 24 Jun 2016 at 8:27am Inigo wrote:
What a sour post. Poor sneery pn, left behind by democracy. You dont know brexit will be failure but you want it to be just so you can say told you so. As for scotland, where are they off to? To join the the economic miracle that is the Eurozone. They would be the poorest country in western europe. North sea oil production has all but ceased.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 8:41am Get Real wrote:
Your last post says it all PN.
Because it didn't go your way you stoop down to throw insults.What a sad loser.
I actually have some sympathy for the Liberals if your are planning to join them. ...

On 24 Jun 2016 at 10:57am Earl of Lewes wrote:
@PN - I have a friend at the LibDem's head office. I'd better warn her that there's a man with a checkered history in local politics (thank you Google for flagging this up) who wants to join them.
On 24 Jun 2016 at 11:30am Importer wrote:
@Inigo - So it will be cheaper to import goods from rest of the world. And the shipping costs from, say, America are going to be less than they are from Germany or France are they? I think not.

8 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

With the South downs way and miles of bridleway on our doorstep I think we are pretty well off for tracks suitable for leisure... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington