Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What Football TV Package - If any?

On 19 Jan 2010 at 4:15pm Ignorant Bystander wrote:
Hello. If you're my fiancee, don't read on. Else, I'm grateful if you may share your advice and experience. I'm toying with the idea of treating myself to a TV Sports subsription too watch all the pre- and Worldcup footbaall action. Now, this may make me sound odd and stupid but I have no idea 'who covers what' as I usually go to friends, the pub or watch the free channels. Do I get Sky Sports 1, 2 or both? Do I need ESPN too? Or will all the Worldcup games be free anyway? It's so expensive and I don't want to be conned by $ky.

On 19 Jan 2010 at 4:29pm TDA wrote:
Hello. I'd save your money and go back down the pub; it's more fun and the atmosphere's better.

On 19 Jan 2010 at 5:00pm Prick Stein wrote:
If you go for Sky Sports (£18 a month) you get Sky Sports channels 1-4 which has Premiership, Championship and Football League and Spanish Football and England away games (i think?)
If you want extra Premiership and italian, french and german football you need ESPN as well which is an extra 10 a month.
World cup games will be free on BBC and ITV, but ITV does the worst football coverage of any channel!

On 19 Jan 2010 at 8:17pm Fiancee wrote:
It is you, you bugger!! No we are not having Sky Sports. 'Specially when I can't have HD...

On 20 Jan 2010 at 9:26am Prick Steins wrote:
Get Sky Sports, do it, do it!

On 20 Jan 2010 at 9:39am Down and Out wrote:
Well, if she's your fiancee does that mean you've got wedding costs on the horizon too? I'd go for a simple registry office do then crisps and a pint in the nearest pub. Save your money for the full Sky Sports package. There's no point getting hitched unless you can be sure you're going to get your basic human rights established on a solid footing from the off.

On 20 Jan 2010 at 1:42pm Prick Stein wrote:
Sounds reasonable to me!

On 20 Jan 2010 at 8:35pm Ignorant Bystander wrote:
Thank you for all for your advice. I completely forgot about the wedding! Bummer. Think I'll get Sports HD to keep her happy

On 5 Feb 2010 at 9:57pm Tight g!t wrote:
Just go to a website "myp2p" and download the software and watch it all free over the internet, "simples!"

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Vikings lewes 127:132
Vikings lewes

I'm all for being open-minded, cynical and skeptical about narratives, big business, big-pharma etc....but where was your... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle