Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

West Beach

On 8 Oct 2010 at 9:48am Down and Out wrote:
Saw on Beeb News this morning that a planning inspector has recommended that the West Beach in Newhaven be granted village green status - ie that it is a legally established public recreation space. Still has to be ratified by our friends at ESCC, but I thought it was great news for the campaigners.

On 8 Oct 2010 at 10:05am Brixtonbelle wrote:
Thats great news - lets hope its ratified in time for next summer. Well done the campaigners.

On 8 Oct 2010 at 11:05am stan wrote:
Great, lets have a big re-opening party(as long as we clear up any mess afterwards of course)

On 8 Oct 2010 at 11:18am Julia Squeezer wrote:
Excellent news. Gosh, there are photos of four generations of my family on that beach; racing the waves to the steps as the tide came in was always a delight. The larger waves from the wake of Channel ferries were wonderful, too. It has been an essential part of summer for countless local families down the years.

On 8 Oct 2010 at 12:07pm Dave wrote:
Don't celebrate too soon. Winning the war on the beach's status, doesn't mean you will get access automatically.

On 8 Oct 2010 at 8:16pm Thread Bear wrote:
We shall fight them on the forecourt, we shall fight them on the ferries, we shall fight them on the hypermarket where fuel is 30% cheaper. We shall never surrender.

On 8 Oct 2010 at 9:47pm Deelite wrote:
Lovely... moniker an all

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 32:132
Down the Pan

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo