Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

We're Past The Yard Arm,Just 6 Months Till Bonfire

On 5 May 2010 at 9:55pm Efflic wrote:
Never mind ya Norman Baker, Nick Clegg nut, Gordon Brown ring or the other one, as we stand here this evening we are just 6 months from Bonfire Night the most important and best night of the year in this great town.
It's coming people, It's coming. B-)

On 6 May 2010 at 12:04am Eproht wrote:
Seconded!!! Better than Christmas!

On 6 May 2010 at 8:27am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Nice to know we are nearer the next one than the last one, always a pivotal moment in the calender.

On 6 May 2010 at 9:51am Burning Bits wrote:
Can't wait, it's going to be another good one this year

On 6 May 2010 at 1:25pm Commuter wrote:
Can't wait to get stuck in with the preparations! good times...

On 6 May 2010 at 1:53pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
What do you mean you can't wait. Not one of them Fifthers are you? there's been loads done already.

On 6 May 2010 at 2:10pm Anti-bonfire activist wrote:
Mentalists...

On 6 May 2010 at 6:02pm Bored of Bonfire night wrote:
As much as I like bonfire night, you guys really do need to get a life, its one night a year, you dont hear people talking about christmas already do you. Yes its a fantastic night but it should be kept to one night a year.
Unless of course you visit the other smaller bonfires where there is an exception but of course you all mean Lewes bonfire.
There isn't exactly much to talk about except you all saying your excited! Im excited about my 40th but im not writing on this forum about it.

On 6 May 2010 at 6:14pm me wrote:
"its one night a year". Actually it's not. Societies spend all year fundraising, organising etc. People spend all year making costumes etc. I suppose it is just one night a year for people who believe things just magically happen for their entertainment tho.....

On 6 May 2010 at 6:14pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
BoBN, it takes months of work to produce the spectacle on that "one night a year". The outmeetings (or "smaller bonfires", as you rather disparagingly call them) act as foreplay for the main event and therefore have an important function. For the workers, the outmeetings are also a chance to let their hair down, as on the 5th they have responsibilities that take precedence over drinking and tomfoolery.
We have to have the ones afterwards to get rid of all our fireworks.

On 6 May 2010 at 8:04pm Smiler wrote:
Tableau ideas anyone?

On 6 May 2010 at 9:44pm Get a.... wrote:
Life!!!!!!

On 7 May 2010 at 1:45pm The Super K wrote:
Bonfire Nights here to stay...
The months of planning that go into it so the people of Lewes can enjoy a night Nowhere else in the country experiances is worth the wait and all the forum post they wish to make.
If you dont like bonfire post... Dont read them... no one make you!!!

On 14 May 2010 at 10:16pm banger wrote:
we love it and if you don't, well go somewhere else, not rocket (see what i did there)? science

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Penny 119:132
The Lewes Penny

It's disconcerting to see Priti Patel called an idiot right at the beginning. One might find her offensive and dislike her but... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell