Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Well Done Southover Bonfire

On 4 Nov 2015 at 8:19am Lewes Rugby Player wrote:
Thank you for putting barriers across our only floodlit training pitch and half our carpark last night, on the busiest training night for all age groups within the club. These are areas you are not renting off Lewes District Council and even if you were, we fail to see why you need to put up crowd barriers on our pitch two days before Bonfire.
We hope you enjoy your evening but contrary what you have written in Viva Lewes, the rental of the ground is on a year by year basis just like your previous site. So perhaps you should consider doing what all the other societies do every year and leave your fire site in the state that it was given to you.
On 4 Nov 2015 at 10:04am Bonfire Person wrote:
Otherwise okay?
On 4 Nov 2015 at 10:11am Mini Rugby Parent wrote:
What he said ( Lewes Rugby Player )- grrrrrrrr......
On 4 Nov 2015 at 10:20am Chronos wrote:
Umm...what has putting up the barriers two days BEFORE Bonfire got to do with leaving the fire site as it is found?
On 4 Nov 2015 at 11:00am Haha wrote:
Ten years on and still clueless
On 4 Nov 2015 at 12:01pm resident wrote:
think about the dog walkers, barriers here barriers there, my freedom has been taken away from me. who on earth allowed Southover bonfire society to do this????
On 4 Nov 2015 at 12:28pm Mutton wrote:
Southover struggle to understand what boundaries are, don't they? Not acceptable.
On 4 Nov 2015 at 1:12pm Resident Evil wrote:
Presumably there was some kind of site plan agreed in advance. Was it followed or not?
On 4 Nov 2015 at 1:47pm resident wrote:
who gives permission to Southover Bonfire to use Stanley Turner ground for their firesite and firework display. Is it the Council ?
On 4 Nov 2015 at 1:57pm Dixie Normus wrote:
Oh well Rugby is a pathetic excuse of a sport anyway. Bloody egg chasers get back behind your rock!
On 4 Nov 2015 at 5:55pm Twats wrote:
They really are twats. Terrible sense of entitlement. Last year I heard several of them whinging about being at the back of the united grand procession. Probably best place for them given their propensity to get lost or lose a firesite..
On 4 Nov 2015 at 6:05pm 2Wit2Woo wrote:
There is no United Grand it is just the Grand. Mind you they must have their work cut out now the Knowalls have been amongst them for a while now. I somehow feel for them ...
On 4 Nov 2015 at 9:16pm Paul wrote:
Hold on - how have the rugby club got all this land - the south over lot haven't gone anywhere near the rugby pitches it's all the other land. I thought this land was left for general public leisure use not exclusively for rugby - not the most inclusive activity I would have thought. How much land do the rugby people actually want - the field with the pitches on is massive - should they have all this other land as well.
On 4 Nov 2015 at 9:21pm Stuart Lancaster wrote:
Who owns all this land and why does the rugby club have use of so much of it? Surely the 3G is better to train on in muddy conditions anyway. I thought It was left under a special deed for a range of activities.
On 4 Nov 2015 at 10:22pm Not a rugby player wrote:
Those are Not public barriers for the display, they are safety barriers to keep you all safe in the event of an accident. All part of risk assessments carried out by all societies when needed. I'm sure you'll agree that the safety of your friends and children is of paramount importance rather than an evenings inconvenience?
All notification has been in place for a week, (as is the official council process) If you can't be bothered to read them, or have trouble understanding them, maybe you should be talking to your teams officials that have been invited to all previous official meetings, yet have declined to attend, or even respond?
On 4 Nov 2015 at 10:42pm resident wrote:
it is not one evening's inconvenience , it is inconvenience for a week . I was given to understand it was a Sports Ground , designed for various Sports, Rugby and Football in the winter, Cricket in the summer, running, dog walking, etc. not designed for a Bonfire site or pyrotechnic fireworks.or maybe that comes under leisure for the general public.?
On 5 Nov 2015 at 8:29am Walker wrote:
Resident....freedom taken away? surely there are other places to walk your pooch?
On 5 Nov 2015 at 9:24am Resident Evil wrote:
What I object to is people letting their dogs roam free in an area where there might be children.
That and men with odd-shaped balls.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 11:17am resident wrote:
who said I had a pooch? Take the children elsewhere then.plenty of other play parks.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 11:21am Resident Evil wrote:
Ah, so you do think it's okay to let your dangerous mutt roam free?
How considerate of you.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 5:02pm bastian wrote:
thank you for congratulating Southover bonfire society on their excellent planning and cooperation-perhaps the next time this happens your club might like to turn up to the pre-arranged meeting with said society and council rather than winge on here.

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Swans in the pool 85:132
Lewes Swans in the pool

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa