Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Weird Noise in High Street

On 12 Jul 2009 at 5:06pm Hearing Voices wrote:
Road closure at top of School Hill, presumably due to gas leak or something. But I can hear the most daft noise up on the High Street, but cannot see what machine is causing it. Does anyone know?

On 12 Jul 2009 at 5:34pm Spongebob wrote:
Isn't it the "Tom Paine festival" today, high street closed from 12 until 7.30pm ???

On 12 Jul 2009 at 10:15pm Piggles wrote:
Did anyone actually see this 'festival' in action? All I could see was some speakers erected by the castle gate. It seemed to me that they closed the high street all day for nothing at all.

On 12 Jul 2009 at 10:37pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I had intended to spy on the shoe nail dance thing, but forgot it was on.

On 12 Jul 2009 at 11:20pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
I went to it and thought it was fantastic.
Lewes High street full of energy and rebellion, just great, well done to all involved. The bonfire societies should do that sort of stuff on Bonfire night.

On 13 Jul 2009 at 1:52am Wilhelm wrote:
Couldn't they have done it somewhere in a park, perhaps in the field behind Tesco? How self-important and selfish to close the high street.

On 13 Jul 2009 at 10:15am No Paine No Gain wrote:
Agree with JSP, thought it was excellent, and kids really enjoyed watching it. No idea how they managed to choreograph so many dancers of all ages and abilities, but really pulled it off. For a few minutes I felt like a teenager again, wanting to storm the barricades to fight injustice, which I certainly didn't expect. This is the kind of thing that makes Lewes so much fun to live in. Well done whoever organised it, and whoever gave the permissions for it to go ahead, knowing it might annoy the usual suspects!

On 13 Jul 2009 at 2:19pm Lets Do Lunch! wrote:
Wasn't the purpose of the dance to "stomp" TP into the ground? Was this an anti-TP dance in the middle of the pro-TP events?

On 14 Jul 2009 at 7:46pm peperclovegingerstalk wrote:
Susannah Walts organised it and Ginny Farman choreographed it. It was a paddock production thing (the Finnish prisoner). Did enjoy it. Strange but enlightening.

On 14 Jul 2009 at 8:40pm Mystic Mog wrote:
It was inspired by the person who wanted to stamp TP into the ground by putting TP on the heads of his shoe nails. This dance was about the right to protest, hence the dual TP interpretation.

On 14 Jul 2009 at 9:12pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
But Mystic Mog, who was THAT person?

On 15 Jul 2009 at 2:17pm Station Street Resident wrote:
The event is over now and the posters are flapping about in the breeze. Why can't people leave things as they found them?

On 15 Jul 2009 at 2:25pm George Doors wrote:
You have given yourself a job. Well done.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pipe Passage 98:132
Pipe Passage

This is a sad and infuriating subject, as so much misinformation is pushed, and the far-right lap it up as their truth. I was... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde