Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Webbo please remove racist posts

On 22 Feb 2015 at 11:10am Forum User wrote:
Hi Webbo. I am concerned that some racists post haven't been removed, so presume that you had not seen them. I hope this alerts you to the problem which uncorrected gives the impression that racist expressions are acceptable on this Forum or indeed, anywhere.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 11:18am Webbo wrote:
I'm very happy to remove any racist posts
Could you tell me which posts are racist in your view and I will look into it
On 22 Feb 2015 at 11:55am Forum User wrote:
Thank you.
In the Chelsea Racist thread you find a post using the 'w' word, and another trying to be clever and referring to Robertson's jam. That at least 5 people liked such an offensive and inappropriate post indicates why racism is still a problem.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 1:47pm Editor's editor wrote:
Thank you for removing the racist abuse from the Chelsea thread.
Thank you too for removing the homophobic abuse I received in my plea for you to remove the racist posts.
Just 2 questions: Why did you also remove my posts calling for you to remove the racist posts?
Secondly, is there no mechanism you can introduce for readers to alert you to racist and homophobic posts? After all, the aforementioned were up for public consumption for a few days...
On 22 Feb 2015 at 2:22pm Webbo wrote:
After removing the offending posts, your call to remove them was irrelevant and confusing.
You could always use the contact link (top right)
On 22 Feb 2015 at 2:38pm townie wrote:
Teacher teacher, i'm telling teacher.
More grasses than Fisons on here.
Im sure you'll have an apple on Webbo's desk in the morning
On 22 Feb 2015 at 3:01pm Metatron wrote:
Why do we need to be protected by webbo from the real world outside of Twee little Lewes?
If your too sensitive then this forum is probably not for you.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 3:49pm Forum User wrote:
Metatron and Townie.
Racist language is completely unacceptable. It is unacceptable everywhere, regardless of 'twee-ness'. The terms used on the Chelsea thread were used in a disgusting racist way that no decent person would defend. That is why the terms and conditions of this site do not allow it .
That is also why decent people ask for them to be removed so that impressionable people using this Forum do not think racist language is acceptable.

On 22 Feb 2015 at 3:55pm Southover Queen wrote:
Who, in your view, *is* this forum for then, Metatron? Racists and Paul Newman diatribes with a sprinkling of pure ignorance?
On 22 Feb 2015 at 4:27pm townie wrote:
Let webbo moderate the forum. He chooses to run it like this without membership and moderation, The only thing you grass on in this world are rapists and paedos. Get real you lot
On 22 Feb 2015 at 5:03pm 8 miles from home wrote:
I find the word's racist and bigot offensive. So can I have posts mentioning such words deleted too?
On 22 Feb 2015 at 5:31pm Why I hate racists. wrote:
You of ten find rapists and paedos are racist. They all lack the basic human capacity for empathy.
That's why most people, like me, put them in the same league and have no qualms about informing on them. I don't want my kids near a racist, they're probably going to try to groom them.
I'd be interested to know who townie is, so I can keep my kids away from him too, he's looking very suspicious.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 5:47pm 1of10 wrote:
Racists are paedos and vice versa . Perhaps you think of sociopaths when you mention empathy.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 5:49pm Enid Blighton wrote:
I'll never buy THAT jam again !
On 22 Feb 2015 at 5:50pm Grasses are grasses wrote:
Im telling of you so ner ner ne plop plop
On 22 Feb 2015 at 5:55pm Heartbeat wrote:
I'll have you Greengrass.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 5:59pm Lofty + R.S.M SHUTUP wrote:
Why do you whisper green grass , why tell webbo what's so, whispering grass we just don't want to know
On 22 Feb 2015 at 6:12pm Metatron wrote:
SQ this forum as you well know *is* for EVERYONE. Forum User Nobody likes Racism but the mere mention of something we don't like should not shut down the debate, on the contary you can't change behavior by prohibition. I personally think webbo moderates this forum very well. But I realise that other people have opinions too, and are free to express them, well that's what my Grandfather's fought for and they were decent people.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 7:23pm tin pot wrote:
some one the other day called out to me. saying hello big man this must be racism about my size . have contact sky news and the papers . its up set me .
On 22 Feb 2015 at 7:32pm The Colonel wrote:
Very well said Metatron.
I'm staggered at how much press time has been spent on these Chelsea fans. At the end of the day they were just a few dick heads on a train. The black man in question gave as good as he got and left the scene with his head held high (Good On Him)
Surely the case of the lady who tried to move into a new flat with her two young sons in Coventry is a bigger story of racism ( Google Willenhall Daily Mail ) but in these political correct times the press dare not make a big deal out of a case like that.
On 22 Feb 2015 at 7:42pm liberal wrote:
SQ, didn't somebody here last year say that you allowed users on a forum you ran to post racist stuff too?
Pot .... kettle?
On 22 Feb 2015 at 9:23pm Old Bloke wrote:
Sense from the Colonel - well said.
Far too many grasses and cry babies on here quite sickening really.
Didn't see any of them complaining when theft from an elderly lady seemed to be a cause for merriment in some quarters.
As for the Coventry story they'll ignore it like the BBC - far more important when a couple of fools sing a song and push someone
On 22 Feb 2015 at 9:25pm SOT wrote:
Quiet agree 'yobs behave like yobs' hardly rates a line, you would think it was 9.11 by the coverage.
Webbo, if you are going to make a fuss about old fashioned and vaguely racially charges epithets can you explain to me why we have put up with offence given in lurid sexual terms to anyone else ?

On 22 Feb 2015 at 10:40pm why I hate racists wrote:
I see the usual right wing approach to uk law is being followed, ie;
Anybody who breaks any law of the land should be shot, but I shouldn't have to obey laws I don't think are sensible
On 22 Feb 2015 at 11:16pm Law Abiding Citizen wrote:
Old Bloke and others. Defending racist posts and criticising Webbo, and anyone who finds racism so unacceptable that they raise the alarm? Really? Wow.

On 23 Feb 2015 at 7:03am SOT wrote:
Yes , it is quite a subtle idea "Law Abiding Citizen" but politically directed offence taking is not quite beyond you surely ? An absurd over sensitivity to "racism " coupled with a bland indifference to any other kind of offensive behavior is an affront to everyone, endemic in the state ( as we saw in Rotherham and as is the daily experience of teachers , social workers et al)
Its a little like bursting into tears every time Israel defends itself but ignoring 5,000,000 slaughtered into Congo.
I only say delete all offensive language and in some cases the poster should be banned outright for consistently using a viley expressed and abusive tone .
That is what would happen on any moderated site .
One law for all
On 23 Feb 2015 at 7:31am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Webbo does a good job, and is swift to remove offensive/illegal stuff when it is brought to his notice. And I'm sure he has better things to do than sit around reading our drivel all day.
On 23 Feb 2015 at 7:43am wrote:
'viley'?
Shouldn't rabid right wingers have a bit more respect for English?
Thick, on so many levels, it's just not funny. (Actually, it's very funny.)
On 23 Feb 2015 at 8:08am One L wrote:
Oi No Name that's the most vilely expressed nit picking I've seen yet on the forum . How do you get posted with no name anyway?
On 23 Feb 2015 at 8:58am Local Bod1 wrote:
SOT, the subtle point you miss is why "Law Abiding Ciizen" is so called. The trouble with your version of 'Free Speech' is that it isn't free. Racist language comes at a price for the victims of it.

On 23 Feb 2015 at 11:02am Old Bloke wrote:
@Law Abiding Citizen I quote you exactly "Old Bloke and others. Defending racist posts and criticising Webbo, and anyone who finds racism so unacceptable that they raise the alarm? Really? Wow."
Can you explain precisely where on this thread I defended racist posts or criticised the person who administers this site.

On 23 Feb 2015 at 12:44pm Local Bod1 wrote:
OB. I would hazard a guess that when you describe anyone who reports racist posts as a 'grass ' and a 'cry baby', that you are defending racist posts from 'grasses and cry babies' and therefore also don't think that Webbo's choice to rely on 'grasses and cry babies' to report racist posts is any good.
On 23 Feb 2015 at 1:06pm greengrass wrote:
You just ignore it, Local bod1. Reporting posts to the boss, good god it's like being at primary school.
On 23 Feb 2015 at 1:16pm Southover Queen wrote:
Racist and pointless posts absolutely abound on this forum at the moment. In the past it's been a place to hold sensible conversations, but it's currently dominated by semi-literate halfwits who think it's funny to trivialise the conflict in Syria and make off-colour jokes about an injured lamb. Calling people who object "grasses" and "cry babies" suggests that the analogy of a primary school is exactly right, except that you're the people who make it so.

On 23 Feb 2015 at 2:02pm Milk Monitor wrote:
How is the lamb ? Shame it won't grow up to be mutton

On 23 Feb 2015 at 2:15pm Local Bod1 wrote:
'Greengrass'
Civilsed people do not ignore racism. Webbo hasn't ignored racism, and the Law doesn't ignore racism. If you like racist comments remaining in threads, then maybe this isn't the Forum for you, is it? You certainly shouldn't be telling Webbo what he can and can't remove from his own website, should you?
On 23 Feb 2015 at 2:40pm Clifford wrote:
I suppose the most interesting thing about this is that Webbo needs to have racist language pointed out for him to consider removing, as if it is a matter of opinion rather than fact.
On 23 Feb 2015 at 2:45pm Old Bloke wrote:
@Local Bod1 - "Sense from the Colonel - well said.
Far too many grasses and cry babies on here quite sickening really.
Didn't see any of them complaining when theft from an elderly lady seemed to be a cause for merriment in some quarters.
As for the Coventry story they'll ignore it like the BBC - far more important when a couple of fools sing a song and push someone"
Can you tell me where the word racist is used? Or referred to?
I support freedom of speech but I don't see racism or any other ism at the drop of a hat as many on here do.
If someone has an opinion let them air it just as the opposite opinion may be aired. Trouble with you is that if it isn't your opinion it has to be wrong.
Any way next time do please try and reply with some accuracy and truth rather than twisted logic

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Ann of Cleves 2:132
Ann of Cleves

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare