Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

We don't need a Webbo, we need a

On 2 Aug 2018 at 5:59am Reader wrote:
proofreader
On 2 Aug 2018 at 7:27am William wrote:
I second that.
On 2 Aug 2018 at 7:58am actually wrote:
My Mum was a proof reader at Baxters during the war. FACT!
On 2 Aug 2018 at 8:20am Proofreader wrote:
You mean your mum (not Mum) was a proofreader (one word) at Baxters (sometimes mentioned in articles with a possessive apostrophe, but mostly without) during the War (war begins with a capital, as it's refering to a specific one).
On 2 Aug 2018 at 8:29am actually wrote:
Sorry that I couldn't afford your education sir. My Dad died in the war and I didn't get to school much as I had to work to put food on the table. My Mum had a shrapnel wound which she got while fire watching to keep the people of Lewes safe. Have a nice day.
On 2 Aug 2018 at 8:37am Touche wrote:
On 2 Aug 2018 at 9:15am Like it wrote:
OWNED!!!
On 2 Aug 2018 at 9:24am Ash wrote:
Salty
On 2 Aug 2018 at 9:58am Clifford wrote:
I was talking to a woman where I worked years ago and asked what her husband did for a living. She said, 'Promise you won't laugh.' I said Yes. 'He's a proofreader for the Guardian.' That was in the famous Grauniad days.
On 2 Aug 2018 at 10:25am Proofreader wrote:
@Actually - I'm very sorry that you had so much misfortune and I hope that life has been kinder to you since. I didn't pay for my education and taught myself grammar after someone told me how bad my English was. I know I can be a pain in the neck and didn't mean to be rude.
On 3 Aug 2018 at 9:56am Guy wrote:
I find it utterly inane when people with too much time on their hands post on this forum to correct grammar and syntax. This forum isn't The Times for god's sake and for me these posts are annoying even though, just like the next person I don't like an incorrectly used apostrophe or whatever. If that's the best you can do where commenting is concerned then go for a walk!
On 3 Aug 2018 at 6:49pm Syntax Sid wrote:
On 5 Aug 2018 at 11:35am Proofreader wrote:
Guy, that should be "God's", not "god's".

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Penny 57:143
Lewes Arms Penny

Extinction Rebellion, the ecological protest group founded in 2018, has initiated its “Summer Uprising”. Namely, blockading roads... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine