Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Waterloo Fete and "The Night Before"

On 14 Jun 2012 at 6:23pm Slotty wrote:
No apologies for blatant promotion!
Waterloo Bonfire Society are holding their Annual Fete in the Paddock this Sunday 17th June from 12 noon. 33rd year! It‚??s a great afternoon with loads happening including traditional stalls, live music, beer tent, BBQ, Hogroast, bouncy things, arena events and the rest. We‚??ve even got a 50ft marquee this year in case it rains‚?¶‚?¶‚?¶never!
We are also running a music event in the marquee the night before with 3 great bands, bar and hogroast. Not advertised far and wide, so should be a good local night. Bar opens at 5pm and Bands start at 6pm
It‚??s all on here listed in the what's on section. Entry is donations only on both days so provided you don‚??t buy a drink or any food or have a go on the stalls you can even enjoy it all without having to contribute a penny to Bonfire if that is your want.

On 14 Jun 2012 at 6:48pm Jevs wrote:
Good luck for the weekend Paul...hope it stays dry for you.

On 14 Jun 2012 at 7:25pm Buzz wrote:
Has the marquee got a staircase or are you expecting the worlds tallest man?

On 14 Jun 2012 at 7:26pm Csbs wrote:
We can't make a boast of that magnitude for our proms on the 4th aug

On 14 Jun 2012 at 11:41pm IMEYOU wrote:
Gotta have a look at this in the morning

On 15 Jun 2012 at 1:30am 17Xs wrote:
Rain or shine I hope it will be a resounding success! Great support from many other Societies also. 33 years now - Wow! Line up for Fete day also looking good! Personally I can't wait. I will of course be supporting other Societies events as always! True to each other!

On 15 Jun 2012 at 2:05am Foodie wrote:
Loving the Idea of the chilli chicken wing challenge for Sunday. Me and 2 of my friends are up for that! Good luck guys!!

On 15 Jun 2012 at 8:03am Pete wrote:
Yeah, good luck guys, really hope the weather stays fine....

On 15 Jun 2012 at 2:11pm Mr Forks wrote:
Waterloo fete, that'll be rain on sunday then, every year!

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

A Lewes Penny 1:132
A Lewes Penny

Of course they won't, what did they do about the protests in London a while back? Treated them with kid gloves, no kettling, no... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde